Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'01's have 4 bars in the front grill as opposed to 3. I prefer the look of the 3-bar grill; does anyone know how easy it would be to install the '02 grill?

Also, is it true that '02's have better interior materials than '01's. I was in an '02 and didn't see a difference, but the guy at Lexus said they did.

·
8,880 Posts
1) It is very easy to change the grill.
2) IMO 2001 looked better - no gray trim around leather. However, no armrest (aftermarket one is available). 2002+ does have black trim instead of painted gold/gray color and chromed speaker covers. 2003 has a better cupholder. OEM 2003 cupholder piece can be bought for around $20.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
if u want to get a new stock grill i say get a sport design grill. no its not hard to put in,

as for the interior i dont think there was any chnage except for the armrest

·
Registered
277 Posts
The grille on the '02 is a lot darker too and has an optional graphite colored badge. Floormats have changed, snow button has been moved, and the trim around the door speakers is silver (although apparently you'll have to replace the entire inside of the door to get the silver trim.)

·
8,880 Posts
dpmredwing said:
...snow button has been moved...
Only on manual - No ECT PWR and a leather boot around the shifter.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I like the 01 interior much better than the 02. The black plastic that is used around the radio and climate controls seems cheap.

·
Registered
975 Posts
02(or 03?) dash is a hard rubber type material, V.S. 01 being a hard plastic.

Hard Rubber - Feels like better quality to me. I assume would cause less dashboard rattlling.

Hard Plastic - Feels cheap. May cause more rattling. But I think it looks better (shinier and darker). I think dust may stick to it less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts