Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 weeks in the shop they have finally arrived, my golden babies! Waw amazing what buffing can do to a pair of banged up rims. feast your eyes on these sexy shoes! They should be mounted by tomorrow night, im going straight after work :) Here a teazer a la basement, so fresh 'n so clean.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ElusiveIS said:
wow, sexy. specs? tire size? offset?
hmm i will divulge my secret hehehe, they are teh 17x8 +40 all around for optimal grip\traction+unsprung weight reduction :lol: I actually weighed them in today they come in at around 18lbs or so, not much but hey weight is weight :(

CleanIsLEx said:
rims looks so freaking sweet. can't wait to see it on your car
i know.. ive been waiting way to long, seems like all my mods take a couple months to come together. Such a pissoff, well worth the wait though

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
nice but crazy offset! are you gonna run some fender flares? or extend the fender? for sure roll/shave the fender. post pics once they're mounted =D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
black86 said:
nice but crazy offset! are you gonna run some fender flares? or extend the fender? for sure roll/shave the fender. post pics once they're mounted =D
heh yeah, sad thing is ive depeletd my funds for the droppage, its ok i only got about 1month of driving left till its stored. Ill most likely go Tein CS or Tein Ra in the spring time. Then ill have to bitch and complaing about rubbing and what not.. oh yeah this is just a before pic, they were pretty messed up..

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Jeez that is such an improvement. Beautiful wheels dude. Post pics of them on!!! What tires will u be running? The azenis? Thankz.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
damn nice ass rims i originaly wanted a set for my self but just didnt get down to that.
You should get some coils becuase if you just drop it you might scrape like crazy cuase these are 17s. If they came in 19s i would get me a set.

Lets see some pics of them on your car after you get umm on.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
black86 said:
no more RA's :(
R u serious! fawk.. -_-

_DAG_ said:
Jeez that is such an improvement. Beautiful wheels dude. Post pics of them on!!! What tires will u be running? The azenis? Thankz.
Runnig 235/40/17 by nexxen, really nice loking rubbers.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
theres a set of RS at tein in socal, someone ordered them but backed out. you wouldnt have to wait if you got them. best carson toyota could do was $1950 which isnt bad, but i think thats overkill. RA's would have been perfect.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
black86 said:
he won't even come close to needing fender flares ..... much less modding fenders ..

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Wow jiyun, those came out great! Hopefully the refinishing didn't
set you back too much. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

There will be no need for fender mods, the rims will fit fine on the IS.

j ;)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Dead sexy...funny...I was just thinking about getting me a set of those too...while I was driving to work today...and then I see this thread, it's a sign!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well here they are, its getin dark so not that great in quality, but heres a couple of the many i snagged after the install. Oh yeah as usual i had my amazingly fair share of luck while installs... my cuffin hydro jack breaks on me, so i had to use the sh!t ass stock jack to do them individually. The offset is complete garbage so ihave to go fender mods now -_-! and i def need hub centric rings. Anyone know our hub size by chance? Or even the exact measuremet on hub rings i need for these 17" G.lights? TIA.. *sigh* i still love em though.. itll look nicer of course +coils i install next year +fender flares.. damn the +40 offset.. DAMN IT....

p.s maybe a 225 or 215 up front would work better?

Kinda looks like drifting lol, used my fast shutter speed to try and grab it in motion while my bro drove it.. guess it was to dark..

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Yeah looks nice, but the drop would make it look 10x sweeter.

Which coils jiyun?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts