Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is some pics of my enclosure,

its 5 cubic ft and with displacement of all braces,ports woofer and offset of ring its 4.1 cubic ft.

im tuning this at about 30hz and will play with tuning.

the ports will fire through the rear deck

i needed to use a larger size to help keep my ports shorter for the desired tuning.

i still have to sand the front and prep, also clean up the back of ring when im done reinforceing it.

note this is a two piece box since its too large to fit in the car at its full 5 cubes. also i have to mount the woofer to the box while in car since it weighs 40pounds. ill probably call my frined to help me put the box in the car with speaker. then i will mount the box then add the extension then start my amp rack.

here are some pics and i will post when im done

oh and IS300included, im gonna run three of my ms2125s in this system..

aloha

Reactions: dcarp

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn
i would probably charge around 500 or more. the box is really not that hard but the material and time for the front is the time consuming part.

i also did a design for two 12s.

since i live in hawaii this box could be more to ship then it would cost.

either way if your serious pm me and im sure we could work something out.

Reactions: flapperdink

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i like the front of the enclosure. i've been toying around in autocad to come up with a design similar like that, but just using MDF and no fiberglass. i like the look of the sub sitting vertical as opposed to the same slope as the rear seat back. your design would be beneficial since there's no wasted space, but i'm not about to jump into the fiberglass realm just yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one of the reasons of the vertical placement is to funnel all the sound into the ski pass. i dont want any phase issues with trunk reflections. also im insulating all the space inbetween my "wall" (since im walling off the trunk)
to take up all air so that i dont have any leakage, the box actually sits up against the back of of the seat very tightly.
wait till i lay the amps into the trunk. that i think is gonna be more tedious then the box.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update..

im almost done with the box and im settling on a way ot lay out my amps.

i leaning toward this, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Maybe I'm a square but I would kinda like them squared up. I think I looks a little haphazard like you have it. To me its kinda like the tilted license plate frame thing. Nice and square would just seem a little more "mature" and pleasing to me. Anyway, nice box (that's what he said).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
differnt set up i had but are you saying more like this.

Reactions: vanndamage

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Goddamn I love that amp.

I wonder if my Power 1000 could outbang it... I benched it after getting it back from Steve Mantz.... it put out 760 x 2 at 4ohm at 12V. DAMN. And Mantz told me I could run it at 2ohm bridged now (he made it beefier I guess)....

I just don't have a car that can handle that kind of current draw.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats pretty impressive for the old pwer 1000. he probably changed some of the pwer supply componants to have more power on demand, then maybe adjusted the voltage rails to handle the lower impedences.

you can always sell it to me...............

actually im leaning toward syncing the two power supplies in the ms amp.

its a dual width modulated pwer supply and i wanna figure out away to link both pwer supplies to gether, amp would run probably cooler and have more power on demand...just afraid of messing one up.

your pwer 1000 will outbang the ms2125. the 2125 is rated at 125x2
your amp is rated at 250x4. now we put a pwer 1000 up against the pg ms1000 (original version) and it won overall over the rf..but i always have a place for the old punch and pwer amps. especially the pwer1000 with the
chrome fan shroud.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Like the second setup better, but both are really clean and look great!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update. well i have been busy and also been helping my frined do some fiberglassing and stuff in a q45. so i have been working on the ports and
will get the updated pics up soon, thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
phoenix gold titanium elite 12d* or dubbed at pg as the Fat Bastard*

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
well been really busy, work and other stuff
but i decided to do some work this past weekend and some tonite

i have wrapped the box with vinal, also made my areo ports fit into some regular port material.

modded my rear deck to house the areo ports.

i did a test run with the box last week,*just slapped it into the car and hooked up one of my amps to it..

this thing to sum it up for you all hits really low and its very strong doing it.

at 30hz my front windshield is getting it..

when i tone down the low end the system is still very deep and full.

the sub plays pretty good up to about 60hz. after that it rolls off.

but thats fine since my midbass drivers are highpassed at 50.

the bass blends very well into the midbass drivers.

i must say that i had alot of subs in my time but this one takes the cake.

it has some serious low bass capabilities.

i put this thing up against my friends 13 w7 and i whoop his ass in low bass

response yet he is louder then i am (he was running 1k and im running 500 watts).

overall this is the best one sub system i ever did (for low end)

well here are some pics.

Reactions: flapperdink
1 - 20 of 45 Posts