Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE:TOTAL LOSS! The amount to fix the car was over $16,000. Well RIP 2002 Lexus IS300, good times and apprecaited the car while it lasted.

Hey IS Community, i got some bad news.......I crashed my is300 today. I lost control of my car on a turn, going 20 mph, just right outside of my block, and BAM hit a tree. Im glad im alright and hopefully my car is alright, hopefully not totaled.:( This is really the only car i like and if it's total, ohh well, life goes on. I learned today to appreciate life and don't fool with high-end cars like this or any car in general, especially Lexus. This was the only car I worked for and payed it all off, only had it for 6 weeks. What I did today was really stupid, lesson learned definently. I'm glad I hit a tree instead of a wall, otherwise who knows what might of happened. One day you have something, next day you never know when it's gone. I'll update you guys on the condition of my car later on this week. Just advice to you young people who just got into this car..... I know I was really stupid what I did, and believe me you should apprecaite and drive this car like it's your baby because you never know when it will be gone. This occured outside my block, just RIGHT at the end of my block. I am glad I had my seatbelt on, i hit a tree (not a wall), and NO ONE was in my way, otherwise I would be living life in guilt. Here are the pictures. Thanks to a fellow my.is member who happened to show up, Tokoyoma (Kevin), and everyone else that was there to support me and saw what happened. Thanks for everyone's support.

And if you guys don't think I was going 20mph when I hit that tree, do your research more. Crash test ratings are based on speeds such as 8mph and 30 mph. And at 8mph, cars DO get creamed. I hit a tree DIRECTLY, difference between a punch and a slap. This wasn't no accident with another car, where it's bumper to bumper...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
hey my brother from another mother..hopefully everything is o right and life does move on..i wish i can change time and bring ur car back to life..was a nice piece of work and the times we chatted of future mods..just hope no engine damage and it can easily be fixed..at least your ok and alive...but stay ups

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Hey man its tough to see that as a fellow MSM owner or IS owner for that matter.

I sure hope your car is alright. Well best of luck to you.

For starters you can put the lexus grill logo on a necklace :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry to hear bro..at least your all right.. to me I think its totaled...sorry to say but... that road looks familiar to me near my aunts house...is that in Mira Mesa?

Btw: sell me your JDM visors..haha

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey my brother from another mother..hopefully everything is o right and life does move on..i wish i can change time and bring ur car back to life..was a nice piece of work and the times we chatted of future mods..just hope no engine damage and it can easily be fixed..at least your ok and alive...but stay ups
Thanks bro:)

Hey man its tough to see that as a fellow MSM owner or IS owner for that matter.

I sure hope your car is alright. Well best of luck to you.

For starters you can put the lexus grill logo on a necklace :p
Thanks for trying to cheer me up, hah, yeh the grill just bent and that emblem broke off right in that same spot.

glad you're alright :) were you trying to drift?
Yes, unfortunately, Im young and dumb, and human, i make dumb decissions. I did this before hand, but this time it failed.

Sorry to hear bro..at least your all right.. to me I think its totaled...sorry to say but... that road looks familiar to me near my aunts house...is that in Mira Mesa?

Btw: sell me your JDM visors..haha
Yes, it happened right outside my block in Mira Mesa. If my car is totaled, I am willing to part out and and sell. But my plans for another car, I don't know, after this made me just realize to focus on what you have right now and not what you want to have more worries for, ie. a car.

·
Registered
853 Posts
yea its in mira mesa, you can see my car in the background in one of those pics, anyways, man howard, can't tell you enough how sorry i am about your car, hurt seeing a fellow IS member go down like that, hopefully everything works out and your car is repairable, if not, like i said, cars come and go, you'll find another one. the most important thing is that your ok and no one was hurt, keep your chin up brother

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea its in mira mesa, you can see my car in the background in one of those pics, anyways, man howard, can't tell you enough how sorry i am about your car, hurt seeing a fellow IS member go down like that, hopefully everything works out and your car is repairable, if not, like i said, cars come and go, you'll find another one. the most important thing is that your ok and no one was hurt, keep your chin up brother
Thanks Kevin, mann it just felt like a dream to me man.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
That sucks the good thing is your alright.

On a side note? you parting out the car? sell me the headlights :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sucks the good thing is your alright.

On a side note? you parting out the car? sell me the headlights :)
I will once its totaled and funny thing is my hood, bumper, grill, engine (got pushed back), windsheild got damged but the fog lights and headlights are clean! I'll post a for sale thread once my car is totalled, in which i hope it is not because i love this car.

·
Registered
853 Posts
yea, was kinda eerie how you hit the tree right in the middle of you car

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Right down the middle. I did the same thing when I was 17 and didn't even break the headlights just like you. Actually it was into a telephone pole kinda like this.

Sorry buddy

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Thats a lot of damage for a 2002, I think shes done for :(

A little late but are your tires mounted in reverse? That thread pattern doesn't look like it's pointing in the right direction.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well im back once again and if my car is totalled, I want to part out everything, the headlights, taillights, rims, tools in the trunk, floor mats, HAHA. I will try, even the 2jz-ge engine, if possible. But i can still smell the horrible smoke smell on my hands, might be the burning of clutch fluid or coolant (like burnt plastic). Both my tries popped by the way and defeintly my engine is messed, cuz it got pushed in, it only shifts and satys on 2nd, 4th, and Reverse. Ill keep you guys posted, still shock at the moment.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea, was kinda eerie how you hit the tree right in the middle of you car
Jackpot right in the middle!:lol:

Right down the middle. I did the same thing when I was 17 and didn't even break the headlights just like you. Actually it was into a telephone pole kinda like this.

Sorry buddy
yeah man, young and reckless, I learned. Trade in a couple dollars and hardwork for my life and a lesson to be learned is a good trade.

Thats a lot of damage for a 2002, I think shes done for :(

A little late but are your tires mounted in reverse? That thread pattern doesn't look like it's pointing in the right direction.
Well i hope it's not too much damage, LOL. I don't know if my tires are mounted in reverse.

·
Registered
960 Posts
damnn glad your ok!! drifting.. and very bald tires.. sorry for your loss gl man

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
damnn glad your ok!! drifting.. and very bald tires.. sorry for your loss gl man
You'd be surprised how fast tires will wear when the car has been sliding like that. They were probably in decent shape before the massive slide that ended in that tree.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
damn that sucks.. but thats definitely a total. Air bags deploy= almost 100% totaled. plus it even looks like it got pushed in far enough maybe the engine shifted.. but GL. maybe u can buy itp's turbo is300? that THING IS A BEAST!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I learned a really valuable lesson. I rather trade a little bit of $$, a car, all my blood/sweat/tears/time/love for this car for my life and a lesson learned. I really do not know what my next plans are, prolly going to foot it and hitch rides with people. Someone died today, street racing, around 5pm, in my community, and 1 is on the run, being looked fior by cops. 1 is dead and 1 is living with guilt, I am glad I didn't hurt a human being and hurt a tree/car instead. I am glad I am alive to know that cars are NOT toys and should not be fooled with or driven recklessly, unless on a track and a professional.

Thanks to everyone for the support, I been on this thread for 3 hours already, trying to bring myself back up.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts