Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: so here i go..i repainted my Injen GEN3...got my new AFE filter, preoiled, in a sexy blue color.
its slightly larger than what the injen came with...the moment i installed it and started the car, i could har the difference. it is without a doubt a better breather than the injen filter, and by looks, a more solid, well designed 4 ply...

i let my car idle for a minute or two before i drove it out...and when i stepped on the gas i immediately felt the difference. it did make my exhaust sound...i dont want to say throatier, but i can only say it almost sounds like my friends exterra with a K&N..its like a roar..yet you hear the hissing over it(this is all from the driver seat BTW).

RPMS climb faster than before, and the lower RPM's got a boost...

with the Injen intake being an improvement over stock,
the AFE filter is definitely an improvement over an improvement.

so here is the pics and vids:

VID 1: VERY FIRST START UP OF CAR w/ NEW INTAKE
http://media.putfile.com/MOV03511

VID 2: CAR BARELY WARMED UP
http://media.putfile.com/MOV03513

VID 3: "CAN YA HEAR IT ?!" :p :cool: :p :cool:
http://media.putfile.com/MOV03514

VID 4: DRIVE AFTER CAR WARMED UP(normal, no pedal to the metal)
http://media.putfile.com/MOV0352332

...and here are pics:

FILTER COMPARISON:

BEFORE & AFTER PAINTING:

mmm i love it =D

anyways, here are som MISC pics of my other recent mods:
LED Wedge's I got from Austin recently, along with the HKS sways layin in my garage, waiting to be installed.

you can tell how clear my headlamp is now, compared to before when there was much residue on there, thanks STAN!(aznmojo)

DIY Carbon Fiber Centercaps:

These are awaiting "L" emblem decals from Flatline(Jeff).

...and thats all folks, hoped you enjoyed. more updats to come!

thanks MIKEFATE, IMPRIMIS, LEXLOVERSDOTCOM, KPONTI, DPATTERSON.... AFE is great, thanks for letting me know about them, and helping me out with the little things...

what now jason?! :rolleyes:

-Aaron

Reactions: Hirun and YisSerL

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
wonder why they didnt give you a red one like how my srt had the red one. =x

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Good stuff, Aaron. What color did you paint the Injen pipe? Is the original color black? You painted it graphite?? Couldn't make out the exact color from the pic.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
+rep+ since you like talkin to me on aim.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hirun: for some reason, SRT used the 7 ply one. i dont know why. i got the 4 ply.
YisSerL: It was normal chrome, and i painted it flat black, the flash makes it seem lighter..its pretty dark in person =D
Arie: It ranges between $40-$60 for the universal clamp-ons, depending on what size you need. Call AFE, ask them for the dealer closest to you, and have that store order the specific size that you need, if they dont already hae it in stock.

=D

-Aaron

Reactions: hi im arie

·
Registered
833 Posts
+ rep but what size filter do you got right now ? did you buy yours from a local dealer ? or order from afe straight ? thanks

- Arie

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Without a dyno showing that you're making more power with the new filter... I'm not seeing much.

Given the state of the filter you took off the car, I don't see any conclusions about the AFE filter which can be made here. Get a brand new, non-crumpled original filter, and compare that with the AFE filter, actually recording things, then maybe you have some proof of something.

For now, all you proved is that you think your car is faster when you switched to a new, clean filter.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dasgalloway said:
Without a dyno showing that you're making more power with the new filter... I'm not seeing much.

Given the state of the filter you took off the car, I don't see any conclusions about the AFE filter which can be made here. Get a brand new, non-crumpled original filter, and compare that with the AFE filter, actually recording things, then maybe you have some proof of something.

For now, all you proved is that you think your car is faster when you switched to a new, clean filter.
actually i got this filter right after i checked out azn mojo's filter in person. he has a perfectly fine injen filter that he also got from injen. the point im making, is after hearing an injen, it is a beyond noticeably louder. when i put my hand next to the filter without revving, i can already feel the air flow, which i did not feel with my old injen, or aznmojo's. also, i did not state at all that this intake made my car faster. I simply feel the RPMs rise faster than before, and that it sounds and looks better. :)

Arie: I bought it from a dealer that AFE recommended. Like I said, call them, and they will locate the store nearest you that sells their products. I am running the part number 24-30016. the specs on this filter is:
3" Flange(where the pipe goes in)
6" Base
4-3/4" Top
5"Height

With this there is barely enough room before you hit the back of your headlight. It takes up nearly all room in that area for a filter.

-Aaron

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks maaang =D GL wit sale of your car !
-Aaron

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thnks =]

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice aaron, I'm gonna pick up one for my injen now!

My current one is dirty anyways :)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Sounds mean nothing to me sorry

get a dyno of back to back comparison and graphs then come talk and brag thanks :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
keep it up, lookin good

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Clean filter vs. dirty filter.

Agreed with IMPRIMIS and das, sounds mean nothing.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I wonder if that's the same exact size as mine...Are there different colors? Im gonna get a new one soon. Why didn't you get the inverted top one?

Ok nevermind...I jus measured mine and its the same thing. Except I have the red one that comes wid the srt turbo.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
good job.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts