Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guyz, took the car in for the servicing and asked about my brakes, and the say that the noises that I am hearing are the low profile tires...are these tires supposed to make noise whenever you brake??? please let me know.

------------------
'01 Millenium Silver Metallic IS300

·
11,062 Posts
That sounds fishy. I have the 17" Potenzas and don't hear anything. When they're cold, they're mushy around sharp corners, but they don't make any noise...

·
Registered
146 Posts
they are b'sing you big time. I've never had that occurance, only when the brakes are wet should they make a sound but that wears away quickly. Take it back to them and tell them that's bull. They will do something.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can't imagine low profile tires having anything to do with brake noise. That doesn't make any sense. I don't have an IS, but my car has 40 series tires on it with no strange brake noises. I say get a second opinion.

·
Registered
192 Posts
mine make noise in the morning when im coming to a complete stop after breaking...like it shakes the whole car .....i think it is morning mildew.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
nemesiss
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing