Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It had been acting weird for the past few weeks and tonight as I get in to go to work, I get the tail light out light in my dash, and i think "Oh, I''ll just go do the regular", which consists of gently tapping on the outside of the tail light one or two times and it just turns back on, only this time it didn't turn back on, which leads me to my question's.:confused:

So my ?'s are:

Does anyone have a fuse box diagram so I can check if its just the fuse or the bulb?

Does it really matter what you replace the tail light bulb with like the LED 7443 bulb ( like the ones that are on in ebay in about 5 different colors) or just plain old dual filament 7443 that you can get at Napa Auto Parts or AutoZone?

Do I need to get red bulb or just regular clear bulb?

Thanks in advance for any/all help + rep for help too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmmm Sounds like you have a tail light out lol. Tapping the light? Thats funny. But works sometimes.
K, now to answer your questions.

It's probably not you fuses because as far as I know, if a fuse for your tails went out, they would both be out. Are they?

As for the type, No it doesn't really matter as long as it is clearly stated that the bulb is 7443. I'm not sure where you would find an LED 7443 that burns cool during running time and burns brighter during braking. But if you do, let me know. I might do this too then. LED's react much faster then your standard light bulbs, so not only will it be a safety plus, they look nicer too. IMO at least.

For the color, you'll probably want to get a clear bulb. Since the 1st and 2nd gen IS' have red lenses on their tail lights, those will take care of the color for you. As far as I know, if you put a red bulb in an already red housing tail light, it will come out darker red... Which looks cheap if you ask me. Looks like those really bad tint jobs some ppl do.

If you decided to just buy the standard 7443 bulb, I beleive they cost about 4.49. You might want to call them before you leave your house to buy them. Apparently.... they are a popular bulb or something.. I work at one of the largest Autozones in Washington, and I'm always out of stock... I dunno... WTF.... My Prelude uses these bulbs too... So If those go out.. I better sit and wait before a customer gets em lol.

Good luck with that though bro. I'm almost completely sure your bulb just blew.

EDIT: I just noticed you live in WA too. LOL what are the odds..... Well.... 1/50 I guess...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope just the drivers side tail light is out, so it shouldnt be a fuse

the whole tapping thing was just a temporary fix, i tried it once and it fixed it w/o me havin to spend any $ :)

there some LED 7443 on ebay not sure about cool burn or bright burn but their on ebay so you can check em out,

i have a NAPA Auto Parts like 30 seconds away literally so i'll just go there and see if they have any but i might experiment with LED 7443's from ebay

+ rep for help

·
Registered
601 Posts
This happened to me, drove me insane for a month. finally the stupid little circles in between the taillights went out, a cop pulled me over, and I was never so happy for a damn light out.. he let me go, I think I freaked him out a little bit...

replacing all 4 lights cost me 10$ at autozone.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*Fixed*

It was just the bulb, the one in the tail housing was burnt black, I couldn't even see the filaments, I double checked the fuses just to be safe and bought a few more bulbs and some inner tail bulbs too.

+ rep all who helped in this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts