Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

what do you think about that.... (its official)

Notlim

Grafite IS200 (Switzerland)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks like BMW took the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude!

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
4 Posts
The bird crap on the foreground car (lower left of first pic) is quite amuzing.

You think they could try to make the car a little uglier? Even as the current owner of an e46, with another on order, I wouldn't buy something that looked like that.

Fascia is ugly as sin. What's up with that new headlight design? Damn that's ugly. Between the front, those tailights and what they've done to the compact, I think they've got a real winner for the, "tasteless status marque buyer" segment.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Why not copy the IS300's style? Clearly Lexus designers had Honda Civic on their minds when they designed the IS300.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I'll say this.... The rear of the current Audi A4 looks much more like the rear of a 94' Accord than an IS300 looks like a Civic.... I have 20/20 vision too

Eric....

Keep in mind the parent company of Audi is Volkswagon... And I do own two German cars.. I'll also say that Lexus RULES! (and before you ask, I did have a Lexus and don't mind buying another example one day)....Why can't we just all get along..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Originally posted by QuikVR6:
Why not copy the IS300's style? Clearly Lexus designers had Honda Civic on their minds when they designed the IS300.
If you dont like Lexus, or the IS300 why are you here?

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
727 Posts
I hope this means that BMW is going back to its performance roots. The 3 series (excluding the M3) is too refined for my taste. It's supposedly getting the 2.5L with 192bhp.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
no, if that car even makes it to the US, it's gonan be like a bottomline bmw for bums
i think this is just to attract a wider variety in thier market, their recent emphasis on the 3 series is showing that they know where they make their money, the cheaper cars

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would actually guess that the new 2.2L I6 would be going into that car rather than the 2.5L

However, I can't stand the front end!!! The E46 compact is officially off my list and now the spot is open for the MB C- hatchback

Rick Kim

Originally posted by Chiphead:
I hope this means that BMW is going back to its performance roots. The 3 series (excluding the M3) is too refined for my taste. It's supposedly getting the 2.5L with 192bhp.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
is it just me or does the front of the car look like a S-Type to me? So is BMW reaching out to get the young people's market and actually don't care about their hardcore follower now? Oh well, I guess sometimes you just got to do thing to make money even if they pissed off a small group of people.
I just hope the M's don't get these type of treatments, at least not before I get my hand on them.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by cis300:
VR6, the IS look nothing like a civic, but it does looklike an S2K. give it another look dude.
yea i know what was he talking about?
is300 = civic? haha he must be BLIND...
haha!

[This message has been edited by IS3 (edited November 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
The Compact wasn't made for making money. I read in AutoExpress that they debated about releasing it because it was costing so much R&D $$$. It's ugly, but I'd like to see how it performs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
17 Participants
chromaplast
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing