Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i popped out one coin holder the thing next to the steering wheel on the left and there was like a wire harness back there not connected to anything. what was it????

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well lets find out :D

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
There is nothing to the right of the steering wheel but the ignition switch.

I think you mean left.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah left, that would be cool if i could get memory seats, but i never have to move my seats. i'll pull the wires out tom. and maybe i'll try to get a picture of the wires and harness. im realy interested in what this could be

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Maybe it's a harness for headlight washers or heated mirrors?

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
That harness is where you would plug in your flux capacitor if you wanted to travel through time. I can't remember where you're supposed to put the plutonium though... :-?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Headlight washers

I'm guessing it's for the headlight washers. If you look at your owners manual it actually mentions headlight washers and displays a button to use this where our coin holders are. Apparently our friends up in Canada do have this feature.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I took the seats out of my car when I changed the leather and the plugs were there too. The car is wired for heated seats whether you have them or not. The plugs are definately for the heated seats.

·
Registered
181 Posts
the plugs for the heated seats are unter the radio, by the traction controll. Not up where the coin holder is by the steering wheel. Unless hes talking bout the ash tray???? Then those are the extra wires for the heated seats, wheater you ahve them or not.

·
8,849 Posts
The plug you see behind the coin holdres is Headlight Washer harness.
Headlight washers are required in Europe, hence Euro version of IS300 has it.

The harness has 3 wires that can be used to simplify heated seats/trac button move to the coin-holder area.

·
8,849 Posts
IS300_FIEND said:
Does this mean for those of us with 03s that don't have heated seats could
add on heated seats??? What do we have to do??
Buy heated seats and buttons, then connect harnesses.

The reason why the harnesses are there is so that wiring would be the same for all trims.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
IS300_FIEND said:
Can someone post a how-to? I am unexperienced when it comes to this
stuff. I don't want to mess up my interior...

your seats dont have the heating elements in them... you need totally new seats, or you would need to rip apart your current seats and insert the heating element...

the actual act of removing and replacing the seats is a piece of cake

1 - 20 of 24 Posts