Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
well my tensioner pulley fell apart today (bearing fell out!), stranding me and spent the whole day getting it fixed. it caused my power steering pulley to wobble now. how safe is that? i need a new power steering pulley, how much would that be?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Due to the failure I might be able to get you a replacement for free. Let me see what I can do. If not free atleast heavily discounted.

Regards,
Robert

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Due to the failure I might be able to get you a replacement for free. Let me see what I can do. If not free atleast heavily discounted.

Regards,
Robert
Wow, thanks a lot Robert! I already replaced the tensioner pulley (bought it as a spare from you back in 2010) so right now I just need to replace the wobbling power steering pulley

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
About how long would it take someone with just hand tools to install a set? Or would air tools be mandatory?

Either way price shipped for full setup to camarillo, ca 93010

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I have never installed a set in car so I really can't comment. I wouldn't see it taking longer than an hour to hour and a half. You can purchase just the WP pulley no problem sir. PM me your zip code.

Regards,
Robert

·
Boosted Troll
1,360 Posts
it shouldnt take too long, the alternator is a P.I.T.A. but all the others were fine. just make sure you put the Power steering one on the correct way( not backwards).

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
well my tensioner pulley fell apart today (bearing fell out!), stranding me and spent the whole day getting it fixed. it caused my power steering pulley to wobble now. how safe is that? i need a new power steering pulley, how much would that be?
Hey Robert do you remember this? Well I got the replacements months ago (thanks!) and last week finally got around to having the wobbly power steering pulley replaced with the new one I got. The old one had broken gear teeth. But the new one doesn't fit at all! The hole is simply too small, the wrong size. I know it's been months but could I exchange this PS pulley? I'm using my stock pulley for now..

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Broken gear teeth would of been from improper installation. It's a tight fit as everyone has stated. The P/S pulleys I have here will be the exact same ones as they only made 1 design for 2JZ's.

Regards,
Robert

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Broken gear teeth would of been from improper installation. It's a tight fit as everyone has stated. The P/S pulleys I have here will be the exact same ones as they only made 1 design for 2JZ's.

Regards,
Robert
Here is what the two look like. The hole is smaller on the new one, and they don't look the same. Is it possible they sent the wrong one last time?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Unorthodox Racing updates their designs quite frequently which is why they look different. If possible measure the ID from Tooth to Tooth on the center and see if they are the same.

Regards,
Robert

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Hi did the power steering pulleys come in yet? Thanks

81 - 99 of 99 Posts