Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Chado very cool :) Did you have a chance to test out the car after the install? Do you feel any difference??

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Chado very cool :) Did you have a chance to test out the car after the install? Do you feel any difference??
it doesn't really feel different to be honest.

and there shouldn't be any wobble if you tap in the power steering pulley properly.

had a bad day today. the brand new OEM tensioner broke!!! with the new pulley on it. had to do some emergency roadside repairs with the help of 2jzz. i'm really pissed off.

robert, is there any way i can get just the tensioner pulley replaced? first the TRD rear bar, now this :( costing me way too much to keep replacing new parts with new parts :pissed:

·
Registered
876 Posts
that sucks chado! im sorry. i got 2 torques today, then ran outta time. water pump is 15 ft/lbs, and the power steering is 43 ft/lbs.

i'll have to take the bolt off the p.s., and tap it on and see if that does anything. :)

~cody

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Just got off the phone with UR. He confirmed that when he 1st did the install on the IS300 that he ruined the PS pulley. You have to be 100% sure that the pulley is COMPLETELY seated or it will wobble.

As for purchasing an idler pulley by itself that is not a problem at all!

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
105 Posts
I received my pulley set yesterday. These things look great. Can't wait to get them installed.

Thanks Robert.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
so this is what happened the day after, brand new OEM tensioner just fell apart (thanks robert again for hooking me up with another pulley)

·
Registered
876 Posts
wow..chado, it sounds like you have my kind of luck! im sorry..hopefully everything gets taken care of for u tho!

~cody

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you still able to buy these im going to revive some cool threads anyone else heard of anymore pulleys that are not underdrive.

·
Registered
259 Posts
When I had mine installed, my mechanic noticed that one of the pulleys would wobble when you do a free spin and watched it. I contacted UR and they said that it has to be seated tight. I relayed that info to my mechanic and when the job was done, he said that did the trick, but he had to tighten it really well.

My mechanic also noticed that my tensioner pulley was cracked and recommended me to replace it while he was already taking my engine apart. He showed me the crack in the tensioner.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts