Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested in getting rid of that POS dual mass flywheel but are not sure what clutch to mate to it, Unorthodox has the answer.

Clutch kit I ordered - Kevlar Street Disc (not puck design), Stage 2 pressure plate

Part number 071203611

The second '0' represents the friction material
0=Kevlar
1=Ceramic
2=Feramic (I think)

The '3' represent the pressure plate design
2=Non turbo Supra/SC300
3=IS300

Hope this helps. It is not yet listed on their website, but should be by next week.

Got both for 1050. Pretty pricey, but at least I know the parts are made to go together and I don't have to hope the SC300/Supra N/A clutch kit works.

I should have the flywheel/clutch in by August 29/30. Will let you all know how it drives.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't understand...how will we get rid of our dual mass flywheel by upgrading our pressure plate and disc? Confused.....

·
Registered
387 Posts
i think he means hes going to go with a UR flywheel but doesnt know what clutch to get.. Hey wookie my clutch and flywheel is in,,.. read my post...if the UR clutch is anything like my SPEC clutch your going to love it..haha

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EdsLex said:
I don't understand...how will we get rid of our dual mass flywheel by upgrading our pressure plate and disc? Confused.....
Yeah, sorry - I'm getting the UR flywheel. Most companies that make clutches for our car make OE replacements which would entail a solid disc, as our flywheel is sprung.

Since I'm switching to a solid flywheel, I can't just order up an aftermarket clutch kit for the IS300, since it will in all likelyhood come with a solid disc.

I had solid flywheel/solid 4 puck disc on my turbo Integra. With well over 300 WHP, it was a super strong clutch, but everytime I stopped for a coffee, I would ask for an X-Large cup for my large coffee :rolleyes: Harsh is a mild description of the engagement.

I didn't want that for my car, so I'm glad UR stepped up to the plate to make a sprung clutch kit to mate to their solid flywheel, to eliminate the guesswork on our part.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
?? i thought the ACT clutch was sprung hub. its been around for quite some time. there are a few members on here that have had UR flywheel setups using either ACT, Centerforce, or RPS jsut fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts