Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
As those of us with AEM's have learned, our boxes are "MODDED." I am looking for the help from any of the developers or AEM guru's...
I want to un-mod my box. I would like to bring it back to a basic universal box.
A couple of months ago I spoke to Nigel about this and he said that he would be able to do this if I sent him the box. Unfortunetly I have had some troubles getting a hold of him and I want to put my car back together.

If anyone can do this or knows how to do this I am not asking for a favor nor am I asking to know what the secret behind making this work on our car. All I want is to bring it back to its original state.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Are you trying to sell the AEM? If you do, keep in mind it's most likely a modded Honda 1050 box. You will get much more money selling it complete and modded here on the forum rather than returning it back to a standard Honda configuration. I'd say you can get anywhere from $1200-1500 selling it modded VS $600-800 on ebay as a standard Honda 1050. The internal mods are pretty basic, just a few resistors. Unless Nigel did something else special in his boxes.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a TurboEast box. I believe it is the same as the nigel box. I do not have a tuner in my area that has been able to tune my box and I have a funky beta cal. So I figured unmodd it and then get a new cal file for a supra on a universal box. I have switched my complete setup. I sold the aristo vvti head and now have an actual supra head with the dual cam sensor and went to a 12 tooth wheel.

I tried selling it a couples of months ago and did not have much success.

I was asking 1400 obo.

If anyone is interested in buying it. I will sell it. if not I would like to keep it if I can unmod it and run a different cal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts