Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Responding to this previous thread;

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13325462

If you had bothered to read his links you'd have known that the Unichip is a piggyback ECU from South Africa. It has similar capabilities to the Greddy Emanage and is also tuned via a laptop.

"The UNICHIP is much more than just a "chip". In fact it is a fully functioning computer which is added to the vehicle's existing engine control unit (ECU). Apart from controlling general timing and mixtures it can provide idling control, drive extra injectors, fully control timing functions, eliminate speed governors, etc. It can be more accurately described as a "Piggyback" computer."

I've got a buddy who runs a HKS GT2530 in his Altezza with the Unichip.

Read this!!!

http://www.dastek.co.za/

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
read this part of my quote

btw, its from australia, not south africa

a quote from me said:
"btw, the TurboXS unichip is very popular with the wrx crowd, it has yet to have been proven to work well on the IS. "

·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IS300GTE said:

a quote from me said:
"btw, the TurboXS unichip is very popular with the wrx crowd, it has yet to have been proven to work well on the IS. "

Not referring to you. :)

I added a new link. It's really from South Africa.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you are right, it is from dastek, i always thought TurboXS made those themselves, but it looks like they just make them plug and play for the wrx, my bad!

-gte

RS200AT said:
IS300GTE said:

a quote from me said:

Not referring to you. :)

I added a new link. It's really from South Africa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing