Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the F up on the lift today, thought I would snap some real fast pics, sorry for the quality and lighting.

Also had everything measured for clearence on a 19" 3 piece wheel and how aggressive we could got with 19" or 20" option. Seems to be no problem at all, in fact, about the same as the is-350.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
cool pics are those flat panels parallel to the exhaust system the underody diffusers?
I don't think they are diffusers... they are just flat body panels to aid with the airflow.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Looks very similar to the IS350, most of the undercarriage covered to reduce lift at high speeds. Even the Y-Pipe looks the same, very restrictive and flat at the junction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am curious, but is the exhaust pipe diameter the same on the IS-F as on the IS350? From looking at these pictures it appears almost identical to the IS350's minus the mufflers and tips of course. The IS350 exhaust size is 2.25"
I just checked it out. The tip closest to the wheel is 2.00", and furthest away is 2.5"

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
I am curious, but is the exhaust pipe diameter the same on the IS-F as on the IS350? From looking at these pictures it appears almost identical to the IS350's minus the mufflers and tips of course. The IS350 exhaust size is 2.25"
I agree, it looks identical.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Great pics!! :approve:

I was looking at the part number of the resonator (stamped)..

It is different compared to my IS350... which leads me to believe that the piping on the mid-pipe & elsewhere is bigger on the IS-F.

Also, there was talk of this oem exhaust having an X-pipe ...

... I guess that theory is out the window..!!

It is layed out pretty much like the regular 2IS exhaust system..

Joe Z :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, ill get under there and measure for everyone.........so Pipe goin into muffler...and where else?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Pipes @ front flange where it connects to oem manifold and pipes right before the Y - connection just before resonator

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dumb, question, but I am too lazy to get underneath the car. Is the Oil drain plug easily accessible?

2ndly - on mine i don't have those covers that connect the exhaust to the tip... was that oem?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dumb, question, but I am too lazy to get underneath the car. Is the Oil drain plug easily accessible?

2ndly - on mine i don't have those covers that connect the exhaust to the tip... was that oem?

Yes that is OEM...are you talking about the first pic?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts

I'm sure you do... take another look.... those covers / funnels DO NOT CONNECT to the exhaust mufflers.. they connect to the bumper only.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sure you do... take another look.... those covers / funnels DO NOT CONNECT to the exhaust mufflers.. they connect to the bumper only.

I just checked again. You can see the ground below, nothing connects behind the tips. I don't have those covers/funnels... wierd, must be the CDN version got cheaped out on ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts