Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a close encounter with a foot long, half an inch diameter rebar on the road this morning. Lexus Roadside Assistance would have takened 2 hours to get to me so I called a friend for help instead. So much for LRA's timely assistance. The total damage was dented left and right rear bracing, majorly dented gast tank, and torn black undercarriage cover. Total cost estimated by Grapevine Parkplace dealer is $1,200 at $100/hour for labor, which seems a little high. What does your dealer charge for labor and where are you? Any oem parts seller?

[This message has been edited by Nancy (edited September 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
666 Posts
sorry to hear that.

Just curious, is the Lexus road side assistance just a service that contacts local private road side assistance companies then they pay for it and/or you get reimbursed or is it really a fulltime service from Lexus?

Sorry about your car. Same thing happened to me in one of my cars. In my case, I had a lowered car and the gas line leading to the tank was ruptured. When it happened I got out and could visually see what happend, but I knew something was seriuously wrong cuz of the gas smell coming from the bottom of my car. There's only a handful of members here with IS300 fender benders. They would probably be best to comment on service costs.

----
Paul SBM IS300 w/ 18s, factory wing, alum dash

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LRA told me that AAA would be there in two hours to tow the car to the nearest dealer. Lexus pays for the towing. I don't know if it is lifetime assistance though. Do dealers supply loaner cars for things like this? I only have partial renter's insurance for a renter car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't think that dealers would be responsible for giving you a loaner car. Sometimes they have a low cost rental car company that they deal with, and can get you a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My dealer charges me a whopping $81 an hour and they do supply a loner car on any repair if you request it. My insurance never pays me that hourly rate though they pay up to $40-$45 an hour and I always have to call for an additional check due the high prices at Lexus. Sorry to hear bout ur car
that sux!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts