Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Lexus dealer called today to inform me my IS300 has officially been recalled for replacement of the plastic undercarriage shield. Since I'm going in for my 10k service shortly anyway, I'll have it done then.
Thought everyone would like to know the "fly-away" plastic piece has now registered on Lexus' corporate radar. Ah, the power of the internet!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,909 Posts
Do you or anyone else think they'll give me a problem of getting a new one 'cause of my body kit. What I mean is the front bumper is new and the plastic sheild was undone then put back on with the new bumper. Sometimes dealers are picky, what are you opinions out there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Originally posted by Leader:
My Lexus dealer called today to inform me my IS300 has officially been recalled for replacement of the plastic undercarriage shield. Since I'm going in for my 10k service shortly anyway, I'll have it done then.
Thought everyone would like to know the "fly-away" plastic piece has now registered on Lexus' corporate radar. Ah, the power of the internet!

Please correct me if I'm wrong BUT my dealer told me (just got off the phone with them) that the recall go by the Production # (or they mean VIN#...!!!), but its definitely NOT for all IS.
Anyway, my VIN AGAIN NOT on the list.....
 

·
Mod er 8 er
Joined
·
608 Posts
I heard that it's because some IS300's didn't come with a shield, so they're actually 1st installing it. Also, a friend of mine got it done and he got a full tank of gas to boot. FYI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_girl:
I heard that it's because some IS300's didn't come with a shield, so they're actually 1st installing it. Also, a friend of mine got it done and he got a full tank of gas to boot. FYI
I was just wondering if anyone have a pix for Undercarriage shield.......(you gonna laught!!!) Because I have NO Idea what the hell it look like. I just want to double check and see if my car have it or not. Thanks

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: TNguyenIS300 ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
if i had mine replaced many months ago would it of been replaced with the same part and still fall under the recall? or for sure did they use new parts that worked better? i had mine fail very early.. bought my car almost a year ago..

-tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I just went in for my 5000 mile service and they replaced mine and I didn't even have to ask them about it. They also ordered my Trac/Ecu upgrade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I don't know what it is neither. I just went in for service, and they told me about it. Can't say no to a free tank of gas!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
VistaIS300,
Which Lexus Dealer did you go to? Did you go to Carlsbad Lexus? If they already ordered your TRAC/ECU, then they must be pretty good.

IS300_white
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Same here, I knew nothin about it and they did it with my 5k service, I don't think there will be a problem with the body kit. They didn't say anything about my mods.

Originally posted by VistaIS300:
I just went in for my 5000 mile service and they replaced mine and I didn't even have to ask them about it. They also ordered my Trac/Ecu upgrade.
 

·
Founder
Joined
·
8,708 Posts
My car was in for 20k mile service today and had the "1LC" Service Campaign performed. I believe that's the under-carriage replacement...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Well i am going to get my trac/ecu update on wednesday so i will talk to them about replacing it then. It would be nice cuz i definatly slammed my undercarriage once and it scratched up the shield. Even thought no one really sees it, i feel better knowing it looks better.

Sam
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top