Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I currently have hotchkis sways and lowering springs and I wanted to know if applying an underbrace of any kind will have a dramatic effect. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i kinda have the same set up not the same brands but should be all the same.
i have a rear underbrace (jic) i really like it. helps the rear of the car to stay planted. The car is a little differnt to drive daily. But if you like taking turn semi-hard it is worth it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt it man, but it is possible for it cause a stiffer ride. IMO the braces only help in turns, but im not an expert.

·
Registered
77 Posts
nope not stiffer at all but because i only have a fujisubo ti axle back my stock pipes hit the brace. that is the only complaint . car is way more "planted" in the rear if you know what i mean. thats the only way i can explane it(by the way i do autoX my car besides sway bays this was the best thing i did so far)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
i kinda have the same set up not the same brands but should be all the same.
i have a rear underbrace (jic) i really like it. helps the rear of the car to stay planted. The car is a little differnt to drive daily. But if you like taking turn semi-hard it is worth it
My experience is exactly as he describes. I have the Tanabe. Rear stays planted.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a tanabe rear strut bar and jic front strut on and those made a difference too. I am waiting to put on my tanabe front and rear underbraces untill i get my exhaust set up correctly, plus coilovers. I am sure that the underbraces will benifit a lot because just the strut bars helped a lot with my car in turns. i can't wait till i get the underbraces on....im so excited

1 - 13 of 13 Posts