Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I was pulling into get an oil change today i hear a loud scrapping noise coming from under the car and stop immediately. I jump out and notice the mid to front splash gaurd and most of the left underbody panel is now basically ripped off. I WAS PISSED!!!! and now my fuel lines are exposed and i need to get it fixed because i have some megan lowering springs on the way and do not want to be anymore closer to the ground with my fuel lines exposed. SOOOO my questions is where do i find new underbody panels for an 01 and is there a metal version? i did some research and everyone said go to c-one or plp but the site doesnt show up for me. sooo any input would be great... thanks...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
C-one is discontinued from what i've heard. Best bet is to call L-tunedparts for a PLP version or wait like me for a Laile from Beatrush :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
you didnt want to just grab some oem stock ones to replace the ones that are torn off? the metal ones are kind of annoying at least one the previous cars i have owned, you will hear the debris knicking it and making lots of racket as opposed to a hard oem plastic one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
many cars have their fuel lines exposed. its not the lowest spot of the underbody. i've had mine off for about 2 years with no problems. just got tired of removing and installing them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
many cars have their fuel lines exposed. its not the lowest spot of the underbody. i've had mine off for about 2 years with no problems. just got tired of removing and installing them.
id also like to add that unless your bottoming out all the time on every bump and the roads have extreme bumps that your suspension (even if stock) cant handle then i wouldn't worry about your fuel lines getting messed up underneath. I had a very low turbo civic hatchback with the oil pan very low to the asphalt and an electric cut out that at its height may have been an inch and a half off the ground under the body. Drove it for 2 years with no issues.

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
Youre talking about the panels that run under the side of the car not right under the engine? Get them from a junkyard or email the justisparts guy off ebay.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I took my fender liners out as well as the platic under body panel.
No problems.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
As soon as I took mine off I got a P0420 code - cat below efficiency threshold.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
As soon as I took mine off I got a P0420 code - cat below efficiency threshold.
Hmm..must have helped keep those leaky exhaust pipes from throwing a code:lol:;)

In all honesty, I'd rather have the undercarriage covers there for the simple fact I don't have a mess to work with everytime I go under there with a creeper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well Ive owned other cars in the past that didnt have underbody pieces and their lines were showing but they werent close to the ground. Is it ok that my lines are showing? Im VERY carful to not hit any big pot holes or bottom out, but it does happen even if your not trying to. I asked a few junkyards and they want 100 + dollars for one piece of plastic!! Im probably just going to leave it the way it is and hope i dont break a fuel line. Also im installing lowering springs later this week so we will see what happens!!!

·
Registered
14,829 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i didnt realize how much the plp ones were the guy selling them pm'ed me about it but it was a little to much for me. Think im gunna do what ^^^ lilmanx said. junkyard diving!!! lol

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
PLP stuff are pretty good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys I'm a noob here.
I own an 04 is300. Recently hit a tie in the road on the interstate. Needed some help. Does anyone know what the plastic panels are called underneath the car that are behind the front going back to right before the rear tire? Two sets. One on each side. They seem to cover the fuel lines and other stuff in that area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts