Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I've recently finally managed to get my hands on an IS300 with a 2JZ which has been an aim of mine for a while (kids and houses aren't cheap in the UK so its been tough to get the funds), having got my hands on one finally I'd now like to start rebuilding and tuning.

I've trawled some posts and found loads of useful information (Wingzeros threads are already legendary in my mind), I've also seen at least one UK based NA-T build which looks amazing but I was wondering if there are any other UK based turbo'd IS300 owners or GTE swap owners out there. Especially ones that would let me pick their brains on the woes of RHD steering columns when doing turbos or possibly a full GTE swap!

I'll be trying to get a project thread going shortly as well, nice to finally be part of the club!

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,227 Posts
Well hello mate. Unfortunately I am across the pond in the states. However you might be able to find a few turbo manifolds online that are RHD specific. That’s the only issues I really see you running into is exhaust plumbing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at the manifolds and not really seen much that is RHD specific (maybe I've not looked hard enough) I'm hoping it just means a custom downpipe section to clear the steering rack.
I'm pretty sure the standard GTE twins will clash badly but I guess going single will likely be the way forward anyway :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Can try NZ and Aussie sites as well, i know of a few here in NZ who have done the GTE conversion on Altezza's ;)

Pretty sure they all had custom downpipes made, but can check the Altezza sites to confirm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd not actually thought of that would definitely be worth a scout around down under :p
Finding a 2JZ GTE in the UK is part of the problem as well, engines and even pistons are commanding a huge premium these days!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I'm in the UK. I am starting to convert my IS300 sportcross to a 3.4 2jz-gte. If I find anything I will let you know

·
Registered
799 Posts
If he is stroking the motor yep. 3.4L kits are very common
Yep and them cranks are eeeeexxxxpensive

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All
I've recently finally managed to get my hands on an IS300 with a 2JZ which has been an aim of mine for a while (kids and houses aren't cheap in the UK so its been tough to get the funds), having got my hands on one finally I'd now like to start rebuilding and tuning.

I've trawled some posts and found loads of useful information (Wingzeros threads are already legendary in my mind), I've also seen at least one UK based NA-T build which looks amazing but I was wondering if there are any other UK based turbo'd IS300 owners or GTE swap owners out there. Especially ones that would let me pick their brains on the woes of RHD steering columns when doing turbos or possibly a full GTE swap!

I'll be trying to get a project thread going shortly as well, nice to finally be part of the club!

Thanks

Rob
Hey, UK based IS300 na-t here too. Almost finished pretty big spec too, instagram is lexus_turbo_2jz.
Should be on the dyno this spring/summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts