Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a light on my dash that says that the up and down motor on the headlights isn't working. I thought that when I had it in the paint shop they didn't hook something back up. So, I took it back to them and they couldn't find any problem. They called lexus and the service manager asked if it had been lowered and it has (H&R springs). He said that when you lower the is300 too much that there is a sensor that stops those from working.

Has anyone ever heard of this? What do I do?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I think that they might of pulled something off and didn't reconnect it. You should re-check all the wires to the auto-leveler and you should be able to find your answers there. G/L.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
well if your motor is out. i have an extra one for sale

Reactions: 02isjw

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you just have it lowered?
I just lowered it from Eibach Sport kit springs to H&R springs.

I think that they might of pulled something off and didn't reconnect it. You should re-check all the wires to the auto-leveler and you should be able to find your answers there. G/L.
I took it back and they pulled it apart and checked everything and said that it was all connected.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
So no auto-leveling happening for you or is the motor just not moving period? If the motor is moving then I would think after you lowered your ride, you just have to fix and reposition the arm where the auto-leveler system works. If not that, then you have a bad motor. Thats all I can think of. Not a Guru at this, but read enough to know that everybody here goes through the same problems...and gets the same answers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me..... My brother had the car first and it was lowered on tein s tech.... When he gave it to me it changed it back to stock.... when he changed it the light came up.... I just took it to Lexus and they said your auto leveling broke and they changed it cause it was under warranty...

·
Registered
517 Posts
That is an easy fix. The problem is with the rear sensor. Jack up the car and look at the Leveler. This is round on the drivers side rear control arm. Which ever way you have it now, i gurantee you its on opposite to what it should be. You probably have the bar to the top right . It's supposed to be up and pointing towards the tire.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
That is an easy fix. The problem is with the rear sensor. Jack up the car and look at the Leveler. This is round on the drivers side rear control arm. Which ever way you have it now, i gurantee you its on opposite to what it should be. You probably have the bar to the top right . It's supposed to be up and pointing towards the tire.

+rep to you sir for good pic demonstration!:)

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
yes in 00-01 dealers were flooded with this problem. The dealer in my area had no clue how to fix this until we showed them how. Common issue since the bracket moves both ways.

D

AB + rep for the pics.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you so much. I'm sure that is what my problem is. I'll get under there in the next few days and check it out. I really appreciate it.

+rep!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts