Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..I brought my car to "Studio Auto Body" in Glendale last Saturday to get my C West kit installed. The place was recommended by Ben so I figured it would be a decent place to go. I visited the place today to see how my car was doing and Im pretty dissapointed. Im not sure whether its the body shops fault or just the way the kit is but I have some questions....

First of all, I walked around the whole car because they had the whole kit on there and fitted but not yet painted. When I got to the back of the car I noticed my god damn exhaust sticking at least 5 inches out of the back of the bumper. I was shocked to see the exhaust sticking out so far. Is it because the C West rear bumper is so much shorter than the stock one? This doesnt make any sense? Is it because my HKS Hiper is exceptionally long? Help if you know.

Now the second thing is....the C West front bumper comes with silver chicken wire mesh for the front grille. I currently have the Altezza grille in there and when I went he told me that neither the mesh or my altezza grille fit. The mesh was on the car when I went there and only 3/4 of the space was covered because the mesh was too small. He told me my Altezza grille was too big and it would have to be cut to fit in the space. Im guessing this would look like ****? Is he an idiot and should my grille fit or do I really have to get my grille cut?

On top of this I had to see my car sitting covered in dirt and dust and it looked like it belonged in a junk yard. After seeing it all dirty and nasty on top of the exhaust sticking out like a horses d ick and the grille messed up I was so upset. Im in a bad mood..someone help me, or comfort me....damnit.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Darkz,

I'm not even going to try to give you info for fearing of pissin' you off.

I know the CWest kit required modifying the 5 mph bumper. If this is the case, then it would probably be shorter and cover less of the exhaust tip. The front bumper I'm considering is also spec'd for the Altezza and will require some mods to the OEM front 5 mph bumper. This is the biggest point of debate for me in doing this mod.

As for the grill and other parts, I don't know anything about that other than the body shop should have informed you along the way of the problems they were experiencing w/the install.

I feel for you man. When you have a lot of $$$ and yourself invested in a car, it feels terrible when some mod doesn't meet expectations.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Risk...Thanks for you input. Basically I talked to my normal muffler place and they said they could shorten it for me, no big deal. As for the grill I talked to the shop again they said after they cut it it would look fine.

You fear of pissing me of? Why..Im harmless. I love u risk....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Darkz,

What did the shop have to do to the 5 mph bumper?

Did they just trim foam backing on the CWest bumper or did they have to cut that metal rebar thing they call a bumper? Was the metal rebar removed to make way for the CWest bumper? I guess I'm asking for info on both the front and rear bumper.

I'm planning on the TTE front bumper and leaving my rear bumper OEM. I've heard that the 5 mph needs modifying, but I don't know to what extent. If it's just a matter of trimming foam, then I've got no problem w/doing the TTE bumper mod, but if it involves more, I'd reconsider.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...considering Im a moron and I just took Ben's word for it...I took my car and the kit to the shop, and said slap it on. When I went today it was all on. Im not sure what modifying went on but I can find out for you. They had everything on and fitted and the next step was just painting the thing. It will be 100% complete on Thursday and I'll try to get pics that day and post em up. I'll find out for you though Risk.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Darkz,
Studio Auto Body is a phenomenal shop. I know it may look a little ghetto, but let them get their work done, and I know you'll be happy with the final product. Body shops are like that. Your car will look like crap when it is in there, but when you pick it up, I'm sure it will look great.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that makes me feel a little better RLN...i just gotta get my exhaust shortened or I'll look like a fool drivin around with a horses d ick on the back of my car

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yah, i crashed my dads 2001 Mercedes-Benz SL500 and i took body shop world in MASS 4 months to get it fix and to be honest it looked like **** when we got it back. My dad went nuts on them brought it back for another week and it was almost normal.. except for the brakes which suck dick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts