Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i got up for work as i usually do, I wasn't expecting anything to be any differnt from any other day. So anyway, as im driving to work fallowing a truck maybe 7 or 8 car lengths behind i sw a huge racoon walk between our cars. i didnt have much time to react so i just hit the damn thing. it was either hit that or go into on comming traffic so i guess i took the right door. so after i pulled over and looked at it i was kinda pissed. my bumper was busted, condensor shot, radiator was junk and the lower radiator and condensor mount bent. i had it towed to where i work which is a toyota dealer thinking nothin of it. i soon then come to find out my motor some how lost maybe 5 cylinders....weird? so now my motor was junk since it was over heated. so i need a short block and head. i call the tow company and they swear they didnt have the car running at all (bull shit) i know they did cause after i hit the **** i shut it down. so anyway i guess ill find out friday whats going to happen with my car. so if anyone has a short block and head sitting around (new) hit me up or if i dont get a motor im gonna go do the aristo swap. all in all im not happy

·
Registered
532 Posts
im sorry to hear that bro. ive had problums with tow companys befor when i got in my accident in 2004 i had rolled my car and had to go get my stuff out of it from there yard later. when i got up there all of my cd's ( over 200 ) and my ducati edition oakley's were missing so i went up to where the accident happened and there was nothing there. i filed a complaint withe the tow company but they said they didnt touch anything in the car but i know they were full of shit. all in all i dont trust tow companys :curses:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
File a claim with the insurance co, sometimes the insurance co will not hold u at fault for an animal hit.

D

ps you can always get a GS300 motor, and swap out oil tray pan 1, the oil pan and pickup, and your on the way to being back on the road and for some reason its cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its funny you mention a GS300, i saw a guy driving one today and i jokingly asked if i could barrow his powertrain lol he kinda smiled a little and then had the look on his face "like are you serious, and what a powertrain" either way i hope to have my car up and running in maybe 4 weeks or so and i did file a claim with the insurance company and ill know more either tomorrow or friday when they call me back

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Engine Swap time!!!

But seriously though, I hit a pitbull on the 13th of last month and totaled my 01' IS300. Since an animal caused the accident it was a comprehensive claim and the deductible was lowered to $100. I got a whole new car (03' IS300 w/ all options + manual) and some extra cash left over. BE SURE TO TELL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY ABOUT THE DIRTY ****!!! If you have ANY question be sure to ask me. This could turn out for the better (2JZGTE hmmm??). or whatever. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
A looong time ago I hit a dog on the highway which did almost 5K in damage, my insurance company said it'd be covered if I could prove I hit an animal (that was easy). Don't know your state's insurance laws but I don't think you should pay anything.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well there is still a hunk of fure hanging from my bumper and in the condenser plus i took pics with a camera i had in my car. i just hope they dont total my car ill be very upset and probably buy it back and fix it over time

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yeah I took pictures of the loser ass dead pitbull and everything. Make sure to hold onto that fur, or best of all leave it where it is. Get pics of the dirty ol' **** too if possible. Let me know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i dont have pics of the **** but i have 2 pics of my bumper i took with my phone. it doesnt look bad at all but what happend behind my bumper is what sucks. i just dont know how to load pics on here

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
wow 2200 for the gte block....

He could get a used motor, new rad, use his TB and all bolt ons to go back to stock and be back on the road for 900 in the engine area, and another 200-300 for the bumper.

GTE sounds so much more fun than a stock re-fix though.

D

·
Registered
650 Posts
wow. sorry to hear about your car. i've hit a dog, a cat and bird before. the dog and cat did no damage. i got lucky, but the damn bird bent the fins on my intercooler in the shape of a bird. no joke.

·
Registered
694 Posts
You shouldn't be at fault if you hit an animal. Legally, you can not be held responsible for hitting even a person as long as you stay within your lane and are not speeding. Its crazy...but true. It never works out like that in court though.

·
Registered
649 Posts
damn, seems like you had a rough day yesterday. I remember when i hit a cat, i thought it was like a pokemon or something in the road cause it was dark and i see this lil white pop outta nowhere then boomp boomp, i made sure i killed taht thing for running into my car. but i hope you dont have to pay for anything, good luck + gte sounds good ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts