Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
225rwhp with just headers?!?!? That's pretty amazing. Must be loud as hell tho.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they claim near stock sound because they use hi flow cats

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
siren where have you been man??

I can't believe you haven't checked out danielm's Mazzuri Super headers for the 2nd gen.

Check out the official vendor forums. His headers alone on his IS250 made about 250 whp I believe.

If i had a 2nd gen and was looking at headers, I would go Mazzuri Super hands down!

They've been proven...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Jahn,I'm pretty sure mazzuri claims a gain of 32rwt and 25rwhp or it could be the other way around pretty huge gains I believe around 195rwt and 187rwhp or the other way around ,mazzuri are local to our continent and proven.Jun is a japanese company but it JUN-TW I believe taiwan that makes those headers.they claim 238rwhp with their straight exhaust,massive gains:worship:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
hey Jahn,I'm pretty sure mazzuri claims a gain of 32rwt and 25rwhp or it could be the other way around pretty huge gains I believe around 195rwt and 187rwhp or the other way around ,mazzuri are local to our continent and proven.Jun is a japanese company but it JUN-TW I believe taiwan that makes those headers.they claim 238rwhp with their straight exhaust,massive gains:worship:
Oops I completely misread that! Sorry about that. I just checked it out and you are right, JUN-TW made around 240whp just with their headers and straight exahust. That is pretty nuts I must say. Who knew the IS250 had it in her ;)

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
I have to say it's impossible for them to dyno 225whp with just headers, unless they have some crazy off the wall dyno. Especially with the collector they are useing, a cat, and shorter than my header runners. Not gonna happen.

With the full exhaust I can see maybe 240 whp, but that's a big maybe. I may have to build a full exhaust just to see.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
daniel I will be ordering headers soon,I already have custom exhaust system,just need to remove secondary cats once I get new headers. Have you corrected CEL if so I wil order from you.I am sure rear wheel hp #'s will be around same between mazzuri and jun with straight exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
daniel I will be ordering headers soon,I already have custom exhaust system,just need to remove secondary cats once I get new headers. Have you corrected CEL if so I wil order from you.I am sure rear wheel hp #'s will be around same between mazzuri and jun with straight exhaust.
I think I have figured out the CEL issue. So far 150 miles with no CEL, I want to give it another 150 before I am sure.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice, please keep me posted I want a set for spring.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
I'm also interested in the Mazzuri headers as well. Could you confirm if they fit the AWD?
I can't because I dont know. The part numbers are the same, but i still don't know if the space is the same. I need some pictures at the very least.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
danielm, are you also doing headers for the 350?!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
The exhaust headers for the 2.5L and 3.5L V6's are the same??? :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts