Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What types of swaps can you put in the IS. And how much do they cost ? This might be a stupid question, but I would be greatful if someone could help me out.....This would be from an auto transmission. Thanx for your time and input.. 8)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
You're probably better off asking this question in the "Go Fast Stuff" portion of the forum, but the Supra 6-speed manual tranny has been a pretty popular option for the ones that can afford it. As far as price goes, I don't know, but it's not cheap.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
from is300gte from the sticky:

to do an auto to manual swap

manual ecu or stand alone - $1000 to $2500
clutch pedal assembly - $300
clutch master cylinder - $250
clutch slave cylinder - $150
transmission of your choice - $1000 to $3000
stock flywheel and clutch - $500 to $1000
transmission mounts - $250+
driveshaft - $500+
shifter assembly - $100+
miscellaneous bolts and clips etc - $100
toyota transmission fluid - $50 to $150
shifter relocation mount (not all transmissions need this) - $150

so at the very bare minimum, you need to spend $4200 on parts, and another $1000 on labor, just to get this done. if you want the v160 six speed from a supra, bump that to $6500 plus labor.
so you are looking at $4200 to $6500 in parts and another $1000 or so in labor, atleast. if you want a good clutch, add atleast $500.
For the v160, i would not suggest a different flywheel than stock, unless it is the carbon/carbon clutch from rps, which uses a lite weight flywheel that eliminates the 2 piece factory flywheel with dampener. the reason that the carbon/carbon clutch can get away with this is because of the way the carbon comes in contact with itself and how friction is created. the material itself acts as a dampner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Inochi3
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing