Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What types of swaps can you put in the IS. And how much do they cost ? This might be a stupid question, but I would be greatful if someone could help me out.....This would be from an auto transmission. Thanx for your time and input.. 8)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
You're probably better off asking this question in the "Go Fast Stuff" portion of the forum, but the Supra 6-speed manual tranny has been a pretty popular option for the ones that can afford it. As far as price goes, I don't know, but it's not cheap.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
from is300gte from the sticky:

to do an auto to manual swap

manual ecu or stand alone - $1000 to $2500
clutch pedal assembly - $300
clutch master cylinder - $250
clutch slave cylinder - $150
transmission of your choice - $1000 to $3000
stock flywheel and clutch - $500 to $1000
transmission mounts - $250+
driveshaft - $500+
shifter assembly - $100+
miscellaneous bolts and clips etc - $100
toyota transmission fluid - $50 to $150
shifter relocation mount (not all transmissions need this) - $150

so at the very bare minimum, you need to spend $4200 on parts, and another $1000 on labor, just to get this done. if you want the v160 six speed from a supra, bump that to $6500 plus labor.
so you are looking at $4200 to $6500 in parts and another $1000 or so in labor, atleast. if you want a good clutch, add atleast $500.
For the v160, i would not suggest a different flywheel than stock, unless it is the carbon/carbon clutch from rps, which uses a lite weight flywheel that eliminates the 2 piece factory flywheel with dampener. the reason that the carbon/carbon clutch can get away with this is because of the way the carbon comes in contact with itself and how friction is created. the material itself acts as a dampner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts