Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have this front lip on their is300?
I'm having problems with fitment...seems like it doesn't fit :pissed:
anybody got any tips on how to install it?
anybody got pix of it on their ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
just use a hair-dryer and heat up the corners and bend them inwards to make it wrap around the corners of the bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
- my lip is white and fits fine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does any of you guys lip have two screw holes located at the very top-middle part of the lip?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,894 Posts
SimpS said:
does any of you guys lip have two screw holes located at the very top-middle part of the lip?
nope.

there are two tabs on the lower portion towards the middle for the mounting brackets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
i got the white lip off ebay and it doesnt fit around the bumper...

im gunna try the hairdrier in a couple days when i get back home
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
SimpS said:
i don't have those two tabs...it's just a flat surface there
I also got the same lip from phase nine. I realized that the fitment sux, but that's what we get for cheap stuff.

Anyway, here's the way I put it:

drill a hole in your bumper where those tabs you mentioned will go into. Screw the lip on the bumper. Have someone hold the lip while driling the hole to make it accurate and stuff.

Now, start your car and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left or right. Have another person hold the other end while you drill 2 holes into the lip and bumper's side, where its flat facing the tire itself. Put it in screw and do the same on the other side. Grab some of your touch up paint and paint those nasty screws.

Good luck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
agent009_98 said:
SimpS said:
i don't have those two tabs...it's just a flat surface there
I also got the same lip from phase nine. I realized that the fitment sux, but that's what we get for cheap stuff.

Anyway, here's the way I put it:

drill a hole in your bumper where those tabs you mentioned will go into. Screw the lip on the bumper. Have someone hold the lip while driling the hole to make it accurate and stuff.

Now, start your car and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left or right. Have another person hold the other end while you drill 2 holes into the lip and bumper's side, where its flat facing the tire itself. Put it in screw and do the same on the other side. Grab some of your touch up paint and paint those nasty screws.

Good luck...
thanks for the tip :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,894 Posts
jdm_altezza02 said:
will the hair dryer thing work??? :-?
yes it will. I have done that method with the same lip. just becareful not to over heat it.
you have the white one right? just... heat up the corners... and bend it inwards, and slightly upward bend. This will make the lip hug the bumper much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,894 Posts
Lil_IS said:
dut said:
- my lip is white and fits fine...
dut - you have a pic of your ride with the lip on. i have the same color ride as you. did it come painted?

thanks

-j

it didn't come painted. But it did come in a white plastic color already. He doesn't have it on his ride. But we test fitted it on his ride, and it look pretty cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
kraze8 said:
Lil_IS said:
dut said:
- my lip is white and fits fine...
dut - you have a pic of your ride with the lip on. i have the same color ride as you. did it come painted?

thanks

-j

it didn't come painted. But it did come in a white plastic color already. He doesn't have it on his ride. But we test fitted it on his ride, and it look pretty cool.
aight kewl, thanks man.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top