Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is the official schedule for the TX2K8 event. Let's see who wants to go check it out.

FINAL TX2K8 Schedule:

March 20,2008 (Thursday) - Road Racing/Driver's Education - Texas World Speedway

March 21, 2008 (Friday) - Dyno Day/Show-N-Shine - Lonestar Motorsports Park

March 22, 2008 (Saturday) - 60 to 130 Competition - Lonestar Motorsports Park

March 23, 2008 (Sunday) - Drag Racing Event - Lonestar Motorsports Park

Lonestar Motorsports Park - Home Page

TX2K8 - Supra Nationals OFFICIAL DATES and EVENTS - Supraforums.com

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
I plan on making this my first TX2k meet. I don't know if I should go to the first days events or not. The less time I have to take off work the better. What exactly does the March 20,2008 (Thursday) - Road Racing/Driver's Education consist of? Is it worth going to?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on making this my first TX2k meet. I don't know if I should go to the first days events or not. The less time I have to take off work the better. What exactly does the March 20,2008 (Thursday) - Road Racing/Driver's Education consist of? Is it worth going to?
It's a road course driving event at the track but the sign up list is already closed for this event. I think friday-sunday will main events.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
March 21 (Friday) - 2008 TX2K8 SUPRA NATIONALS - Dyno Day!
Gates Open at 8 am.
$10 to spectate
Concessions Stand Open All Day

March 22 (Saturday) - 2008 TX2K8 SUPRA NATIONALS - 60 to 130 Shootout!
Gates Open at 9 am.

March 23 (Sunday) - 2008 TX2K8 SUPRA NATIONALS - DRAG RACING!
Gates Open at 8 am.
Easter Egg Hunt for kids 12 and Under!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Friday's event:

The dyno day and show-n-shine will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com). Friday kicks off the first of three days of events at Lonestar and John Hennessey (owner of the track) was gracious enough to offer his grounds to all of the attendees to leave trucks, trailers, etc...overnight. The dyno day schedule will work the same way it's worked over the last three years. First come first serve... I will be at Lonestar at 8:20 am on Friday and will be taking sign ups for the dyno day that morning. Sponsors will get a guaranteed spot but the rest of the spots will be open to anyone. The first car will hit the dyno at 9:00 am and we will dyno cars every 20 minutes until 4:00 pm. The Show-N-Shine judging will be from 12:00-2:00 pm. All awards will be presented at 4:30 pm.

Cost: dyno cost is FREE, cost to enter gates for the day is $10/person and this goes to Lonestar payable at the gate.

Food: concessions will be open all day

Dyno Competition: the categories will be MK1-MK3 1st Place, MK1-MK3 2nd Place, MKIV 1st Place, MKIV 2nd Place and Organizer's Choice Award.

Show-N-Shine Classes: the categories for the show-n-shine will be the same as years past:

MK1-MK3 Best Interior
MK1-MK3 Best Engine Bay
MK1-MK3 Best Audio System
MK1-MK3 Best Overall Car

MKIV Best Interior
MKIV Best Engine Bay
MKIV Best Audio System
MKIV Best Overall Car

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saturday's events:

The 60 to 130 competition will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com). John Hennessey (owner of the track) was gracious enough to offer his grounds to all of the attendees to leave trucks, trailers, etc...overnight. The gates will open at 9:00 am and the track will go hot at 10:00 am. From 10:00 am until 12:00 pm we will have practice runs. Starting at 12:00 pm until 4:00 pm will be the official runs that will count towards the competition. I will also be available to download your data and post graphs after the event. All awards will be presented at 4:30 pm.

Cost: spectators will pay $15 to LMP. Tech cards will be $40 in the tech lane. Everyone will pay $15 to enter and those interested in racing in the competition will go to the tech lanes to get a tech card.

60 to 130 Classes:

Street Tire Class - this includes all DOT approved, grooved street tires. R-compound tires are also included in this class.

Drag Radial Tire Class - this includes all drag radials in any size.

UNLIMITED Class - this includes all cars outfitted with slicks (ET Streets, ET Drags, Hoosier Slicks, etc...)

Last Year Winning Times:

Street Tire Class - Nick Diep 6-Speed Supra - 6.6

Drag Radial Class - Bob Helms Auto Supra - 4.8

UNLIMITED Class - Stacy Barnett TT Viper - 4.6

Other Car Times for Comparison:

*Denotes that time has been verified by downloading the data and verifying accuracy (making sure there was no data lost during the run)

*4.15 - Bob Helms Autobanh Supra TH400, 88mm Turbo
4.6 - Stacy Barnett TT Viper 6-speed
*4.72 - Peter Blach Autobanh Supra 6-Speed, 78mm Turbo
5.4 - Kelly Martin SRT-10 Viper at TX2K7
5.9 - GSXR 1000 with bolt-ons at TX2K7
6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
6.9 - Mosler MT900S
7.0 - Ferrari Enzo
7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT
*7.56 - Vrybad / C5 Z06TT (APS Turbo, no cats, stock muffler, 573 rwhp @ 9.5 psi)
8.6 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06
8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren
9.1 - Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R (100 octane)
9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
9.5 - Ferrari F430
9.6 - Ferrari F50
10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago
11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale
12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo
12.2 - Porsche 996TT

and some comparative times at 6speedonline.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin :

4.78 - Markski / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts
4.90 - Divexxtreme / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts
5.64 - Todd Z / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts
5.93 - OhioGT2 / Driftbox / 1 shift
5.9x - VRAlexander / AWD / AX-22 *1.3 BAR run / 2 shifts
6.15 - DMK / RWD / Driftbox / 0 shifts
6.26 - Chinitowest / AWD / Driftbox / 1 shift
6.45 - RenntechV12 / GT2 / Driftbox / 0 shifts
6.70 - Dr Jitsu / GT2 / Driftbox / 1 shift
6.74 - Woodster / AWD / AX-22 / 1 shift
7.25 - Colorinc / AWD / Driftbox / 1 shift
7.73 - Eclou 997TT / AWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts
7.84 - 9Eleven / GT2 / Driftbox / 1 shift
7.93 - KPG / AWD / Driftbox / 1 shift
8.3x - 996TT STEVO / AWD / AX-22
8.76 - Scotty slc / AWD / Driftbox / 1 shift
9.10 - Bill S / 993 Ruf R Turbo 490 HP / AX-22 / 2 shifts
9.56 - Topgun / AWD / Driftbox / 3 shifts
10.06 - Panas001 / AWD / Driftbox / 1 shift
10.96 - Woodster / AWD / AX-22 / 3 shifts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sunday's events:

The Drag Racing event will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com). John Hennessey (owner of the track) was gracious enough to offer his grounds to all of the attendees to leave trucks, trailers, etc...overnight. The gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 11:00 am we will have practice runs. Starting at 11:00 am qualifying will start and the schedule will be as follows:

11:00 am - qualifying pass 1
12:00 pm - qualifying pass 2
1:15 pm - eliminations round 1
2:30 pm - eliminations round 2
3:15 pm - eliminations round 3
4:30 pm - final round eliminations

There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP. Tech cards will be $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

DRAG RACING CLASSES

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

Class 1 (MK1 - MK3 MODIFIED CLASS)
-ct26 or upgraded ct allowed
-1js with factory twins allowed
-factory 5sp or toyota auto allowed (no stall speeds allowed)
-any DOT tire allowed no slicks
-no nitrous unless N/A
-any fuel/ic/exhaust allowed (no open downpipes)
-must be stock computer/piggybacks.

Class 2 (MK1 - MK3 SUPER MODIFIED CLASS)
-7M or 1JZ allowed (2JZ cars run in the MKIV classes)
-any turbo allowed
-nitrous allowed
-slicks allowed (no tub jobs though, fender rolling ok)
-any tranny allowed
-open DP allowed
-standalones allowed

Class 3 (STOCK TWINS)
Stock twin turbo setup, IRS, Toyota 5 or 6-speed or Toyota factory/built automatic (no other make transmissions allowed). No NITROUS permitted. Methanol injection permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable tires. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 4 (TURBO STREET)
Turbocharger inducer size of 76mm and less allowed. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. NITROUS permitted. Methanol injection permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 5 (TURBO PRO)
Turbocharger inducer size greater than 76mm. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. Car must retain full interior, IRS and run gasoline as it's main fuel (methanol injection permitted). No air shifted transmissions or other make transmissions allowed other than those listed above. NITROUS permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. No W tires allowed. MK1-MK3's are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Class 6 (UNLIMITED)
Multiple power adders allowed. Gasoline and methanol permitted as primary fuel. Not required to run full interior (can be stripped), however it must retain IRS. Any transmission ok with the exception of air shifted transmissions. W tires allowed with a maximum size of 10.5W. All other tires allowed.

Class 7 (6-Speed Challenge)
Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me at the gate when you get to LMP. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rule is that you must run a 6-speed transmission, no automatics allowed, any car make/model allowed.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Close hotel to the track is:

Holiday Inn Express Sealy-I-10
267 Gebhardt Rd., Sealy, TX (8.18 miles away)
877-410-6681

·
Registered
137 Posts
Are a lot of you IS guys going to this? I would really like for us to make it down there because I am a huge Supra nut but also because it is a definate bonus if it is going to be a place to meet up with some IS owners... we can't seem to get anything going here in San Antonio. :(

·
Registered
797 Posts
this is a 100% sure for me since its spring break weekend, cant wait, when does this cruise take place anyways? is it the last night of the event?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
hummm i just may bring the IS out to this one.... :approve:
is that shit up and working yet??

Definitely the Houston IS crowd will be out there. So all yall other folks come on down! Last year 2 IS from upstate came down and it was pretty interesting!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Friday 3/21/08:

Its that time of the year again!

Houston Performance Driving is proud to host the TX2K8 Night meet again this year!

In Conjunction with Frank-N-Steins we have come together for another great meet.

Wash up the cars. Fill up the race gas and nitrous bottles.

Stuff your face with some of the best food this side of the Mississippi.

And enjoy what is going to be the best Night Meet yet!

Any questions feel free to post them up!!

Location: Frank-N-Steins - 233 South Mason Rd. Katy. TX 77450

Link:FRANK N STEINS - Home

Time: 6:00pm to whenever!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sunday 3/23/08:

Let me start this thread by saying that every year I try to do something "new", something "different", something "more fun" than the previous year. Having said that, a new company, National Grudge Racing Championship (their website is in the final stages of development now, so look for it in early February at National Grudge Racing Championship, or check out their Myspace page at MySpace.com - N.G.C. - 23 - Male - RALEIGH, North Carolina - www.myspace.com/ngcracing) came to me with the idea of having a STREET CAR grudge race at the end of the drag day event for cash. The winner of this class will get $500 cash and will be crowned the "Grudge Racing Championship - Street Car Champion". Since this class will be at the END of the day, it will give those that were eliminated from their class earlier in the day to try again for money and a trophy.

The RULES for this class will be as follows:

This race is open to any make or model of vehicle that can meet these qualifications:

-No fuel cells allowed, must utilize OEM gas tanks (boost a pumps and fuel line alterations are ok)
-Must be on DOT approved tires (meaning street tires, drag radials or ET Streets)
-Car must be equipped with an alternator
-Car must have valid/current inspection sticker and valid license plates
-No wheelie bars allowed
- Car must have at least one passenger seat (no rear seat requirement) and must retain full interior (carpet, dash, door panels, etc...)
-Car must have stock style suspension

The race will be ran as a HOT LAP competition. Meaning you will not have 15 minutes to cool your car down, make adjustments, etc... Run, turn around.... and if you were the victor, get right back to the line to take on the next competitor. This is a HEADS UP, drop of the arms, first one to the quarter line, single elimination, grudge race for $500 in CASH. The ladder will be made RANDOMLY and on the spot. We will call all cars in the GRUDGE RACING CHAMPIONSHIP Class to the line towards the end of the day.

You think you have the baddest street car and want to prove it? Here is your chance to take home all the bragging rights, and a nice chunk of cash to boot.

I can't wait to see what sort of participation we can get...

Peter

1 - 20 of 34 Posts