Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever do this? My friend whos painting some parts for me brought this idea up and I was wondering if anyone has done it? My cars a MSM and he was thinking of doing the grill/eyebrows/tailight covers a black pearl.....almost like a CF look but not?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
linner420 said:
Anyone ever do this? My friend whos painting some parts for me brought this idea up and I was wondering if anyone has done it? My cars a MSM and he was thinking of doing the grill/eyebrows/tailight covers a black pearl.....almost like a CF look but not?

I have seen real C/F parts ie:

Brows: Line them up, and paint the part closest to the fender (c/f part exposed)

Hood : we have all seen this (would line with the brows)
Lip: could do this on the lip as well

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMPRIMIS said:
I have seen real C/F parts ie:

Brows: Line them up, and paint the part closest to the fender (c/f part exposed)

Hood : we have all seen this (would line with the brows)
Lip: could do this on the lip as well
Hmmm....the hood I was thinking just paint the from the lines that are on the hood which line oup with the grill. Now that u mention from the brows thats a great idea. Too bad i cant rep you again oh wait u dont need anymore ;)

I went with the greddy lip (at least i think)....found it on ebay and its PU. The wald just sits too low and I dunno how strong abs plastic holds up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7993031408&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
linner420 said:
Hmmm....the hood I was thinking just paint the from the lines that are on the hood which line oup with the grill. Now that u mention from the brows thats a great idea. Too bad i cant rep you again oh wait u dont need anymore ;)

I went with the greddy lip (at least i think)....found it on ebay and its PU. The wald just sits too low and I dunno how strong abs plastic holds up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7993031408&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

I got the paint idea from the Elixer IS300 (I have the pic)

and yes rep is always a good thing :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts