Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i've read as much about Tein HT's on this forum as i could find and never found an answer to my question. Looking to order some from www.autocarparts.com b/c i can't seem to find them any place else. they have two kinds listed. here's a direct paste from the website:

Lexus, IS, 300 2000 - 2004 SXE10/JCE10
SPRING RATE F/R- 4.9KG/3.8KG- 274LBS/213LBS
$142.50

Lexus, IS, 300 2001 - 2004 JCE10W
SPRING RATE F/R- 5.7KG/5.6KG- 319LBS/313LBS
$171.00

It's obvious that the spring rates are different, but what seems to be "standard"? Anyone who has Tein HT's, what do you have... i dunno enough about it to make an informed decision

thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Two types of Tein HT's, which one to buy? help please

ISthree00 said:
Lexus, IS, 300 2000 - 2004 SXE10/JCE10
SPRING RATE F/R- 4.9KG/3.8KG- 274LBS/213LBS
$142.50
is for the sedan.

ISthree00 said:
Lexus, IS, 300 2001 - 2004 JCE10W
SPRING RATE F/R- 5.7KG/5.6KG- 319LBS/313LBS
$171.00

thanks
is for the Sportcross.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I just called them because i really wanted the HT before they were discontinued, and asked them about it. They told me they are all out of it and they have to take it off the site...if you find anywhere else..let me know please! :-?

·
Registered
266 Posts
i dont wanna feed more fuel to the flames , but ive had those springs in for a while and i love the ride. try calling area51 that where i got mine from. actually go to the tein site, n check out the dealers numbers. i remember someone telling me that theres a place in torrance or somewhere near the airport LAX, a shop that still had a few sets. im not sure which race shop it was, so jus check out the tein listings for dealers near lax . i was told they were charging around $230 for em.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i called area51 today... they've shut down their retail division for the next few weeks to put all their efforts towards developing "hard core racing products" - at least that's what the lady on the machine said...

this is pissing me off.... WHY DID THEY DISCONTINUE THESET^)##)@(%&#@!(*#@ :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
ISthree00 said:
i called area51 today... they've shut down their retail division for the next few weeks to put all their efforts towards developing "hard core racing products" - at least that's what the lady on the machine said...

this is pissing me off.... WHY DID THEY DISCONTINUE THESET^)##)@(%&#@!(*#@ :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
try comparing the spring rates to the new tein s-tech's... they did replace the hi-techs, after all...

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a set of Tein HT SPRINGS for sale Slightly Used Removed from my car because i put Tein HA's On Make Offer!!!

Joe
Westside Motorsports.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
JDMPartsbizz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing