Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1: What is a fair market price for a used head unit? I'm looking on eBay and the forums and prices seem to fluctuate a lot. I have a 2002, I would prefer an after 04 model that was redesigned.

2: Is there any replacement 3rd party stereos that actually look good and not cheap with lots of blinking blue lights?

Thanks,
Sean

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Pioneer makes a number of models that fit in with the stock interior. The buttons and the screen background can be made a shade of orange that is pretty much the same as the rest of the interior lights.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Stock cd changer is not really worth it in my opinion. Upgrading to a double din dash is well worth the money. You will probably end up with usb thumbdrive/ipod integration depending on what you buy. There are some decently priced double din dash kits from Pioneer that will probably have more flexibility compared to stock deck. I think it's a good time for an upgrade. But yes you will have to get a metra harness (or something similar to keep your stock amp) and a dash kit (I recommend scosche dash kit). I sold my stock '03 cd changer for about $140. You can find some on here at the market place for about that price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
look around for a good deal. I got a Pioneer AVIC-D3 with all the extra cables and stuff you need for about $250USD of my buddy. It was a steal so i took it cause a new one still runs for $700 these days minus accessories. Plus the one i got has extended warranty on it and thats still got for another 30 months!

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
i have a 2004 headunit i can sell if you still wanna go that route

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info. I'm a little more interested in sticking with the stock headunit for re-sale purpose, but at the same time I don't plan on selling my car anytime soon. I'm going to look into some of the Pioneer decks.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Just get an aftermarket headunit... you can thank everybody after... lol

Just don't get some cheap crappy headunit from walmart of something!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Double Din Pioneer all the way! Throw some front speakers in and bypass the amp while you are at it! Was once it your same position, glad I went aftermarket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.