Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee what are the chances of seeing this in MotorTrend. I must say the new mini kinda aight lookin ... Different but aight
Imagine a twin turbo setup in that little sucka like that?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
That Cooper S will get chipped, modded, etc. out the wazzoo. If I had play money for a third car this would be it.

Originally posted by rarjoon:
Gee what are the chances of seeing this in MotorTrend. I must say the new mini kinda aight lookin ... Different but aight
Imagine a twin turbo setup in that little sucka like that?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by brad:
That Cooper S will get chipped, modded, etc. out the wazzoo. If I had play money for a third car this would be it.
That's the ticket, Brad. I've pretty much convinced myself I'm gonna stick to the $30K Acuras for the wife and myself (instead of a $50-$60K lux car) and pick up a weekend toy. The Mini S is a helluva lot cheaper than the Boxster S and looks like it'd be more fun than the S2000. Plus, it just looks F'ING COOL!

------------------
2001 CL-S "The Original Pimp Daddy Gold™"
a study in pimp daddy gold

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is what I have been wanting to do for the last couple of years...Take a 65 Mini, put a civic or integra engine in it, roll cage and racing seats, rally suspension, and have some fun on the dirt roads! But money is a problem as it would probably be pretty expensive. In a few years I'm gonna do it though.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yes, that's correct. I wonder who? Eaton?

Originally posted by TEG:
I think the new Cooper S will be supercharged, not turbocharged.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am hoping to see that at the NY AutoShow this spring. I would love to get a test drive. Finally a new car to put the New Beetle out of it's misery! (except the 1.8T of course)

Hmm lets see... since BMW collaborated on the Mini, Wouldn't it be cool to offer an "M" version of the mini. I'd personally pay bout $30k for a 300HP Mini

1 - 7 of 7 Posts