Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys has anyone done twin in-tank fuel pumps on their own or know how to do it? I wanna do this so I can achieve higher hp levels and not run out of fuel. Info on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Henson
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey guys has anyone done twin in-tank fuel pumps on their own or know how to do it? I wanna do this so I can achieve higher hp levels and not run out of fuel. Info on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Henson
I have the phr fuel pump assembly but never used it, I actually have one intank right now and one inline, if I had my camera I would take some pic's while up here at shop working on my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rob so is the phr fuel pump assembly a twin pump set-up? Which inline pump are you running? Is this the fuel setup used when you made your 700+whp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey Rob so is the phr fuel pump assembly a twin pump set-up? Which inline pump are you running? Is this the fuel setup used when you made your 700+whp?
I jus checked the website and it says single but thought for sure it was also used to hold twin walbro's and was recommended by pfs...Both of my pumps are the usual walbro's and this is what was used for 700+whp dyno along with larger fuel rail and 850cc's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry bro I'm a little confused. So you had twin in-tank walbros when you made the 700+whp or did you have an in tank and an inline?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,278 Posts
Isn't it easier to simply have one in-tank and another one inline.. it's only cutting into the fuel line, not hard at all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
Sorry bro I'm a little confused. So you had twin in-tank walbros when you made the 700+whp or did you have an in tank and an inline?
intank and inline
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now I have a walbro in-tank and an inline pump. The inline pump is loud. How much did the rail cost you Rob?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
Right now I have a walbro in-tank and an inline pump. The inline pump is loud. How much did the rail cost you Rob?

I did not purchase the rail individually, came with the entire race longblock I purchased from pfs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok I found out how to do it. Thanks to jarrett @ PHR. I'm gonna do a dual pump and dual feed into the fuel rail set-up. I ordered the fuel pump bracket and the 17.25mm fuel rail from him today. Also got an extra fuel pump to do the twins. I can finally get the most power out of my turbo components without worrying about fuel. Yippie!!!! LOL
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top