Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting Tweeter to wire up 2 Alpine 10" subs and a 600-watt Alpine amp, and they blew my stock amp in the process! :(

Luckily our amp is $450 from Lexus to replace, so they gave me the option of either having them fork out the $450 for another stock amp, or I could pick any head unit under $450. I ended up picking out an Alpine CDA-9855, retails for $449 I believe:

I'm also getting a full refund for labor charges, so all in all I'm making out well on this problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
haha score!! Sucks that they fried your stock shit tho. thats why i always call them TWEEKERS instead of TWEETER. congrats on the deck tho!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I can't wait to hear everything when its all finally installed. They're installing the head unit tonight and tomorrow the subs/amp.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: Tweeter or Circuit City (who tweeked with my stock system as well) blew my rear 6x9 speakers! So now they're letting me pick a set of 6x9's for no charge either. So basically I'm making out like a bandit, a $2000 setup for $500 or so.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
damn the stock amp runs 450!?!??!

crap i need to sell mine to those who need it...haha...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$452 according to the local Lexus dealership. Which is crazy, I know.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
JAEohEN said:
damn the stock amp runs 450!?!??!

crap i need to sell mine to those who need it...haha...

haha...you wont get more than 30 shipped. That's the price they go for here..

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Damn Mike you waste absolutely no time when it comes to modding..... lol

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Stock amp is somewhat digital, so I can see how it could cost that. Surprised it doesnt cost more.

I will never let Tweeter touch any car of mine. Most of their installers are...less than educated in the field of car audio. A kid from my old high school works there and he used to roll and drop every other day...yeah I'd love a mindless no-brain kid working on my car.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: The speakers and subs sound absolutely INSANE, no questions asked. I've personally never heard a cleaner setup. Just enough bass, without sounding ghetto.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
MonStar1120 said:
UPDATE: The speakers and subs sound absolutely INSANE, no questions asked. I've personally never heard a cleaner setup. Just enough bass, without sounding ghetto.
You have the speakers powered by the aftermarket deck? :lol: if you are saying its the best setup you have ever heard. You have much to learn and hear!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL, I have (2) 10" Alpine Type-R subs with a 600W amp, then 2 new Alpine 6x9 rear speakers and an Alpine head unit. Sounds very clean, lol. Everyone I know with an audio setup has like 2 12" subs powered by a 300W amp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts