Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the kit and was wondering if it is worth it....any comments or opinions put them up..

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Doesn't Turbonetics use the Unichip in their kit? So far, it hasn't impressed anyone with a boosted application. The 'kit' is as worth it as the rest of the kits, as long as you upgrade your EMS. How much are they asking for?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
theres few members on board that has this kit

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have this kit, but yeah, I never even bothered with the Unicrap. I went with the AEM fic instead. I also got larger fuel injectors and a Walbro fuel pump, and a 3'' exhaust all the way back, deleted the cats,and got tuned. You'll need to have them give you a 5 lbs. spring for bov also.
And the car is turning just over 400 rwhp on pump gas at around 10 psi. There is some debate about wether the trubo is really at 12 psi or not, but in any case, the dyno's don't lie.
I like the kit, but I only got it for now. I'm building another motor. I think I would choose the T67, and opt for a tubular turbo manifold this time around.

If your not all up on turbos and working on the car yourself, the tnetics kit is by far the best choice then. It is an easy sytem to instal, work on, and pretty much keeps everything "restockable" if you ever want to change back. In other words you don't have to relocate stuff, and cut the car to make room and all that. The fit and finish was great even in the tight areas. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
just to update the thread, Tnetics doesnt produce that kit anymore, so inregards to warranty, your SOL!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.