Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! I've finally boosted my car. It's a turbonetics kit but i 've upgraded some parts. I don't use the Unichip, i'm using the Greddy E-manage Ultimate, 550cc DENSO injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump with return line and regulator, HKS 2mm headgasket, AEM tru-boost comtroller and the R154 tranny with DSS 3" aluminium driveshaft. Everything is working just fine. I live in Quebec, canada and we only have 91 octane gaz...

So here's the numbers:

330whp @ 10PSI
362whp @ 16PSI
380whp @ 17PSI

This was all done with very conservative timing due to the poor gaz we have here...

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
hmmm......is it just me, or is that AFR wayyyyy too lean for those boost levels?!?!??!

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Your hp #'s seem pretty low at 16&17 psi. Depending on your whole turbo setup, which you havent listed, you could (and should) easily be in the high 400's at 16-17psi...unless you are running some really restrictive or junk parts.

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
hmmm......is it just me, or is that AFR wayyyyy too lean for those boost levels?!?!??!
They are all around 12 or under, mostly. It's a little bit on the lean side, to make the most out of the setup, but it's still safe, no?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
At least the Hp is cool for street driving. I would take the LEXUS emblem of the front grille though....just me.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
At 10 lbs and lowered compression, your numbers are pretty normal but bumping the boost up another 6 lbs you only gained about 30 rwhp so you must be running an extremely retarded timing at that load in the map. Either way 350 rwhp in a 3200 lb car is very fun.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah...i'm only running with 11 degres of timing at all rpms...What's your average timing settings??? I'm thinking of jumping up the timing to 15-17 degres...i know that i should gain about 15rwhp with every pound of boost. So if i'm doing 335rwhp at 10psi, i should get into the 400's at 15psi.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The timing setting is retarded -8 degres at 10-12PSI and -15 degres at 15PSI in the map...
Surely you don't mean that you are running -8* of timing?!!!!! I think, or atleast you should, mean that you are pulling that many degrees from you base timing. Any amount of - total timing is a trick used to spool the turbo off the line, it's not meant for driving around! You should not have negative values under normal load!

Your timing even with 91 octane under boost should be in the +12 degree range to be VERY safe. I made 480hp @ 18psi with a conservative 14*s. You need to re-think your tune!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the confusion...yeah i meant that i'm pulling 8*degres of my base timing, and that's result i'm running 11*degres of timing..

·
Registered
303 Posts
hmmmmm.....what exhaust are you running...?

I'ts going to interesting. I should be on the dyno soon with my freshly rebuilt turbonetics turbo and kit. Haltech E6X. I guess we will see. Although here in Alberta we have access to 94 octane Mohawk ethanol blended gasoline.

I wonder if the ethanol blend makes it worse?....better????.........

gotta hunt to find it though........only some of the newer stations have it. You may want to check it out!!

It's really interesting to see some higher psi #'s on this kit though. I have been very curious all winter as to what one could run at 18 lbs on the very quick spooling 60-1. You should definitely keep an eye out for the infamous "white smoke" because my turbo went after only about 4k. eeek. It was still under the 1 year warranty so they rebuilt it but that does not cover the cost and down time for the almost 2 months to get it across the border & back :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm running an 3" exhaust line 1 resonator and vibrant 3" flat black muffler...i'm gonna retune in the spring with the timing raised a little so, i should reach the 400's...

Keep me updated with your results....

·
Registered
303 Posts
cat or no cat? or gutted cat?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts