105 Posts
my money is on Jeff's scTurbo

------------------
'01 Solar IS300
going back to stock (until I get Turbo)

·
Registered
291 Posts
You're right...Jeff's turbo may kill the IS SC for now, but I would like to have a showdown: SRT GS VS Jeff's SC this June in New Jersey for the import shootout.

I'll be there too...with a surprise!

Phhhtttt......

·
Registered
663 Posts
at this moment my money is on my car.....from what i know the srt gs400 is not running right now and has a best track time of 12.0...im at 11.90 before the limited slip and 6spd tranny and im only running 15psi where i can turn it up to 25 on race gas...once tuned.....srt has dynoed at more rear wheel hp then me...i admit that...and there car is very nice...for a V8

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
236 Posts
My money is all gone I spent it all on my car...j/k My car is not even done. I had the car at the IDRC this last weekend and I'm still having problems shifting. So I could only make passes at 60% throttle.
I did run a 13.8 at 5psi with shifting problems...
.. So I'd say the SC300 would win.. I think he would beat the GS

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats if his hks twins dont shatter another drive shaft... damn i love his car!!! thats called SERIOUS power... destroying carbon fiber pieces.. lol anyway im a biased SC fan... so of course the SC would win =)

-brian
team koncept racing
'92 veilside rsp sc300
'01 silver is300

[This message has been edited by nopi*tkr (edited February 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Who cares about the 1/4miler. I thought dragging was guys dressing up in girls clothes.

Put them on a road course and see how the overall cars are.

That's what I want to see!

------------------
01'IS300 Black/Black
RMM Intake/Exhaust
18x7.5 SSR GT1
Tein HA w/pillow mounts
TRD f/r sway bars

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Jeff,
Of course my money is on the GS4.
Our car was not running very well last year either. We ran a 12.03 with 18PSI on full 10.5:1 compression, no NOS, 440cc injectors @60PSI. Having some tranny problems and an Open diff, and 8" slicks.

This year things are quite different. We will be running 30PSI on VP16 with a compression ratio of 9:1 using custom forged pistons, Supra TT lsd, CF drive shaft, Single SRT brand blower, 50 shot NOS, 720cc injectors @ max 100PSI, 10" slicks and some very cool SRT electronics. Expecting over 800+RWHP. Oh, did I mention a 10 point roll cage.

But you know what it would be a very cool race/event to see The SRT GS4, your SC, Clints SC, TurboIS, and Jebz S/C IS, maybe Area51 can join with their S/C IS. Hey do you think we should also invite... well you know who with their S/C GS4?

We should seriously think about doing this just for kicks.

Originally posted by SC300TURBO:
at this moment my money is on my car.....from what i know the srt gs400 is not running right now and has a best track time of 12.0...im at 11.90 before the limited slip and 6spd tranny and im only running 15psi where i can turn it up to 25 on race gas...once tuned.....srt has dynoed at more rear wheel hp then me...i admit that...and there car is very nice...for a V8

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
663 Posts
well...Mo..i agree....you might beat me this year...but right now...my car is running....
....also..when i ran 11.90 1 was on street drags.....open diff....5spd tranny..and 15psi...this year im on 6spd..limited slip....turning up the boost to 25psi and having fun....you might still beat me but who wants a roll cage on a street lexus

as for clint...he would destroy me if he would stop destroying drive shafts

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
AHHHH, stop, the pain, I can't take it anymore!!!!!! Oops, did I say that out loud? I thought I would never see the day when Lexus cars turned mod happy. I'm jealous. Anyone know of any mods for the LS400? Just to get a little more hp? Hey, if you all get together, I'll race you guys in my Montero? Hehe. Ok, i'll shut up now.

------------------
98 Lexus LS400
00 Mitsubishi Montero
99 Super Hawk VTR1000

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
In response to the cage, I would not be caught driving any car wether a Lexus or Bentley that has over 600RWHP without a cage, some serious brakes and rubber. IMO safety is #1, you can never have too much of that. Besides, if you want to run at any track faster than a 11.99 you must have a cage, otherwise, well you know you get the boot.

well...Mo..i agree....you might beat me this year...but right now...my car is running....
....also..when i ran 11.90 1 was on street drags.....open diff....5spd tranny..and 15psi...this year im on 6spd..limited slip....turning up the boost to 25psi and having fun....you might still beat me but who wants a roll cage on a street lexus

as for clint...he would destroy me if he would stop destroying drive shafts

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you all have to wait until my 5 speed comes out, so you can count me in on this race. me and clint will have very similiar power figures.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i agree saftey is good and i go with top notch rubber and brakes...but if i roll at 150 please kill me off...haha...i agree with cages in fast cars..but not my luxury lexus that i driver every freakin day.....not practical for me.....as far as clint hp in a 5spd.....bring a bag to carry the transmission parts home in and have AAA on stand by....

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
we shall see about that, if it happens then the 6 speed is in, if not, i will be sure to let you know. toyotas older 5 speeds were stronger than what you make out this newer 5 speed to be, so i have a feeling i will be able to make more power on it than you have.

.....as far as clint hp in a 5spd.....bring a bag to carry the transmission parts home in and have AAA on stand by....

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
You guys are wasting your time... just wait until I install the Flux Capacitor on my IS300. Once I hit 88mph.. I will be instantaneously be transported 8seconds into the future, waiting for you guys at the finish line
Crossing the 1/4 mile line at a humble 7.9 seconds.

I wish I had the time and money to dedicate to tuning my car like you guys do. Keep up the good work! My hat's of to you guys!

One final note -
SRT - SC300Turbo? Why dont you guys each build up an IS300 and go head to head next year?

·
Registered
625 Posts
as far as clint hp in a 5spd.....bring a bag to carry the transmission parts home in and have AAA on stand by....

Hey Clint has the Supras rear end and 6 speed also. He'll just need a bag for snapped drive shaft parts.

That would definitly be cool, a Lexus shoot out.

------------------
Kevin
94 Supra
6 speed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts