Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was working late at AEM (where I work on there computer Network) As soon as I turn out of AEM's driveway this Yellow old school RX-7 comes out of nowhere and comes right up to my bumper. So I'm sitting at the light waiting to make a left turn onto El Sungundo so I get on the 110 freeway. The RX-7 is reving making a lot of nosie.. I could tell this RX-7 had race port and some carzy carbs, by the sound of his idel.. So I make the left nice an slow, he comes up to my driver side a starts reving crazy. I was not going to race but I could not take it anymore. So I floored my car and Starting pulling on the RX-7, That little race did not last very long I got about 5 cars in front before I had to stop... Red Light, So now he pulls to the other side of my car and starts reving up again. This time I was like screw this, My boss was riding shotgun on a tech support call with another client... So the light turns green and we both mash on the gas, I got the hole shot and just kept pulling on him. We raced a little longer than 1/4 mile I was around 110 on the street before I started to slow down...After He pulled up next to me and was like "What! the hell do you have in there, are you on the bottle...?" I said no just a turbo @ 6psi... This guy was in shock he said I never would of thought a lexus would smoke my sh!t.. I'm sure Jeff with the SC300 Turbo gets this alot when he races...

so

TurboIS 2
RX-7 0

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Keep in mind.... Old School RX-7 are running a 12A engine.. They are quick but not for big horsepower... Even if you bridgeport them and slap on a Dellorto or Weber Carb, It will come nowhere close to TurboIS's setup.

I'd love to see a worked 13B engine vs TurboIS.

Turbo.. remember you setup is literally "priceless" I dont think Joe Schmo cann afford it
hahaha

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to let you know it was a 13b, on carbs with a race port.....
if it was the 12A I would not even bother posting....

Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
Keep in mind.... Old School RX-7 are running a 12A engine.. They are quick but not for big horsepower... Even if you bridgeport them and slap on a Dellorto or Weber Carb, It will come nowhere close to TurboIS's setup.

I'd love to see a worked 13B engine vs TurboIS.

Turbo.. remember you setup is literally "priceless" I dont think Joe Schmo cann afford it
hahaha

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
heh heh... sweet!!!
The look on the dude's face in the Mazda would have been priceless, too.

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
77 Posts
TurboIS, have you been to the track? and what kind of times if you have got?

------------------
Russell
2001 IS300 Graphite Gray Pearl
Auburn Extreme Racing

[This message has been edited by Russell (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Six pounds of boost shaving more than two seconds off your 0-60 time is impressive. Have you done any other work?

·
Registered
663 Posts
i definitly get alot of WHAT THE F_CK you got in theres.....but i almost allways have to rev at them to get them to race..im usally the instigator....but as far as racing 13B...i recently raced a 1st gen RX7 with a 13b turbo with custom intake and pulled a couple cars from a 5mph roll through 4th gear...very quick car but i got the best of him....

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]
http://overboost.com/story.asp?id=330

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
is430
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing