Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe TRD328 can help me out, But im considering turboing the car.

I spoke to my mechanic today, he said its hard, and he hasnt worked on one before.

TRD328, How was your setup? Yours was an AVO kit right?

What computer were you running?

If you still have those internal parts still for sale, PM me!!

How reliable is the engine???

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
yup the car was done at AVO. Mine was the first they did and i do not believe they are going to mass produce it any time soon. It consisted of intercooler, Garrett T28 turbo, pipings, LINK ecu, airfilter and basically what ever was required to make the little bugger move.

ART in melbourne also has made a kit for the IS200, as seen on KILAT the gold IS in fastfours a while ago.

The rods and pistons are sold :(

have u considered supercharging? There is a kit out and it saves all the hassel of turbocharging.. coz it can take a few months. The downside to turbo charge is power is never enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
TRD - Do you still have the IS? I'm working down in Melb now - and I'd be interested in going for a spin.. :)

Cheers,

Legana

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Legana said:
TRD - Do you still have the IS? I'm working down in Melb now - and I'd be interested in going for a spin.. :)

Cheers,

Legana
nah, the car is gone, he got a RX330.....

Matt 8)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
damn my life is like a book... everyone know about it :lol:

well i sold the turbo to my friend, so I can ask him to give u a spin. But im going on holidays as of 45mins from now so you gotta wait until next year :p

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Have a nice trip man, see you soon......off course everyone know, how many daman active member do we have here?

Matt

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I know its too late, but have a safe trip!!

Thanks, damn, wanted to ask, did the Link ECU cover all things like CLimare Control?

No. It did the fuel & ignition only.

P/s: I had the pleasure of riding in Eric'c car earlier this year. Nice & smooth. Can't believe how much he & AVO paid to get that kit certified.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
eh when did you ride in my car?

Yeah it only took control of the ignition and fuel when throttle was over 1%.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TRD328 said:
eh when did you ride in my car?

Yeah it only took control of the ignition and fuel when throttle was over 1%.
LOL! I think someone edited my post, or there is a loose connection there! First, my whole post didnt make sence, second, I never been in a Turbo IS, third, I didnt even know your name was Eric....WTF is going on?? :crazy: :eek:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
i smell a RS200AT :p

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehehe...Damn corrupt mods! :shame: :chill:

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
yep was told that everyone was ok- it went sideways into a very large lamp post ( right on the B pillar) so might be a bit bent!??????

all i know is that it cost a "bit" more that estimated, 6th gear wasnt programmed in so the car kept cutting out above 90 mph ( big dropped bollock) and the exhaust sensors were melted due to high exhaust temps :eek: not too good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
fluff34567 said:
yep was told that everyone was ok- it went sideways into a very large lamp post ( right on the B pillar) so might be a bit bent!??????

all i know is that it cost a "bit" more that estimated, 6th gear wasnt programmed in so the car kept cutting out above 90 mph ( big dropped bollock) and the exhaust sensors were melted due to high exhaust temps :eek: not too good.
well glad to hear everyone is ok
hope the car is repairable
would be as shame to loose such a fine example, and i cant see the insurance paying out anywhere near whats been put into it

i heard that it was a "bit " more than estimated, pretty shitty when it didnt work fully
heres hoping that a certain other car is going to be allright :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts