Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Budget Engine.jpg TurboEast is running a contest to name the new TurboEast IS300 Turbo Kit. They don't want to call it the "Budget" kit, because it's not a cheap kit. It includes all premium parts, like a tubular manifold, 3" stainless downpipe and race pipe, large intercooler, aluminum intercooler piping and more... So it's far from being some cheap kit. Email <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Turbo Naming Contest">[email protected]</a> with your suggestions - include "Turbo Naming Contest" in the subject line. The winner will be picked by July 8th and will receive a full free set of brake pads or a $50 credit towards any of our products or services.

<p>This *Unnamed* kit is now available for install and pre-orders are being taken for shipped kits at the special price of $4195 until July 17th for ship out by the end of August. This is a complete kit that will take your IS300 from the stock 215hp to over 350hp. This kit was engineered with the enthusiast in mind who wants the type of power that is expected out of a car that looks like the IS300 while retaining stock driveability and all stock functionality. All of the parts are top shelf quality. The kit comes pretuned and can be fine tuned with any fuel computer (S-AFC, Emanage...)

<p>Please see www.turboeast.com for all kit details and information on pre-orders. Click the icon below to see a dyno chart for this kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
As the first owner of this kit, I recommend it to anyone looking to get awesome power for the price. Jeff is an awesome person and is very smart. I hope this kit goes well for him!

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Nobody won. TurboEast came up with their own names, BUT there were 3 guys that used "sport" in their names and they all won TurboEast gift certificates.

<P>Go to the TurboEast site for the complete story.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Results

From the TurboEast website, dated July 11th:

<P>"First of all, thanks for all who participated in our turbo kit naming contest. There were actually no winners with the EXACT name we chose but we were inspired by the names everyone submitted. For everyone who's name had sport in it (Winston, stroked*, Barry and Richard) we will be offering them a TE credit, so please check your email. If you check out our site you'll see that we now have a sport, sport race and race line of turbo kits. This is going to be our new naming standard across all TE build turbo kits. Thanks again for everyone's help!"

<P>I personally thought my name idea, "The Equalizer", sounded cool and made sense for various reasons. :) But, I understand that small variations names is good for a product line. Oh well!

<P>Super Sedan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts