Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know what i can use off of my IS300 turbo kit and put on the new IS250. the old kit contained

60-1 turbonetics turbo
greddy emanage blue
turboeast blackbox
tial 38 mm wastgate
2.25 intercooler pipping
intercooler

the other stuff i know i cant use anybody tried this yet or am i the first any help would be nice thanks.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
absolutely NOT...:nono:

completely different engines and electronics.....

you can try to get custom manifolds made, remember its a V6, so you would likely want to do a TWIN TURBO set up on an IS250

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will most likely be picking up the car next week if all goes well and then off to my shop for some custome piping and then down the street to acosta motorsports for some very hard and challenging tuning i am getting the diagram for the ECU to see what wire does what. will let you guzs know how things are coming along and will post pics.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can use the turbo,wastegate and cooler depending on size for fitment to the front of the new car..

Single turbo kits on V engines work just fine, We have made plenty single LS1 kits that fly. A little more thought put into the manifolds but its a can do.. The cooler side of things are also easier for piping with the single kit unless you go vertical core (not a good idea for efficency reasons in that car) hight..

Good luck with your new car and plans

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Cut the manfiold and turbo in half and bolt it on

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
the new gen IS motors are VERY high compression motors & will be VERY tricky to boost properly & Stay safe( IE: intact) .... it will be VERY easy to overboost & blow the motor unless you go thru the expense of reducing compression some how Herad gaskets .. .etc ... I assume it wil lcost GRIOP o cash to pullthat motor & pul the heads off to reduce compression

i hear those motors are like 15k fro mLexus also if you need t o replace one...

Good luck!!!

keep us posted

·
Registered
535 Posts
edgy said:
the new gen IS motors are VERY high compression motors & will be VERY tricky to boost properly & Stay safe( IE: intact) .... it will be VERY easy to overboost & blow the motor unless you go thru the expense of reducing compression some how Herad gaskets .. .etc ... I assume it wil lcost GRIOP o cash to pullthat motor & pul the heads off to reduce compression

i hear those motors are like 15k fro mLexus also if you need t o replace one...

Good luck!!!

keep us posted

15K. "GOOD LORD THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY" .

Saw this and just made me think of Chris rocks ole line. ;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Just get a manual is250 and swap in a 6spd 2jz. Well atleast that's what I'm gonna be doing ;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yea but the kit probably cost more than the 2jz motor. Besides, the 2jz is easy to work with.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts