Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
me and my buddy puttin up the turbo kit, all went well, cept for fitment issues of course but we made it work

my buddy yuriy gettin boozy before a long nights work

before the butchering

first things first bumper!

taking off the intake

most important tool for the job

me hard at work

dont need that

headerless

drilling in the oil return line and j bizzle welding it

sexy closer shot

all done with return line

when life gives you lemons

jb weld is the best invention ever

preping for gauges

more prepage/ wiring

turbo manifold on

clock me!

oil sensor

random pic of my flak and kevlar

intercooler piping

wastegate

exhaust play

d/c rear o2 sensors

turbo mounted on manifold

what your about to see is not for the faint hearted

finished minus the intercooler mounting which i will update a pic with

gauge play

2 vids

fini

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Props for going turbo....BUT judging by the work quality I saw in the pictures I dont see this car lasting to long. I would never EVER use JB Weld on my car for anything. As for the hole for the intercooler pipe, omg are you serious! If you dont have the right tools to do the job just dont do it. I am just speechless at what i just saw and this has to be the worst build i have ever seen. I am going to guess your running a stock engine aswell, good luck with that turbo and i dont see your engine lasting to long and i hope to never see how you put an engine together.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i'm calling a week.

·
Registered
910 Posts
WOW.........FAIL.

Am I being punk'd right now? Wheres Ashton Kutcher?

What did you do with the shavings from your oil pan....JB weld job? There are aluminum shavings in your oil right now. Your engine is GONE! Soon. ITS running.......

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate your critism's, it has lasted me a week so far, however yes not without complications (oil leaks) other than that im babying it, my goal is only to hit 300 to the crank, i also understand the quality but me and my collegue have done a number of jobs and have seen good and bad what works and what doesnt. not going to say this will work as i intend to but i suppose ill keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would hate to see the other jobs you have done.
In all honesty, this should be a sticky on how NOT to boost your IS.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Foilings in the oilpan makes plenty of Hp, lol. You better flush the pan or better yet take it down and clean it. Also, a whole saw on a drill would make a cleaner cut for your charge pipe. JB weld, bad idea. Good luck!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
in all honesty a shop would dremel that hole, but my method works just as good but not quite asthetic, this isnt a show car, and the bov, well it works. im not advocating this because if you dont know what your doing then yes, you could mess somethings up. i also have yet to see charge piping reach the intercooler without opening a hole there. its not pretty but it got the job done and it works. but i understand where you guys are coming from. i apologize for lowering the msrp of the is300

updated with a vid (starting it up)

·
Premium Member
20,996 Posts
me and my buddy puttin up the turbo kit, all went well, cept for fitment issues of course but we made it work

my buddy yuriy gettin boozy before a long nights work

before the butchering

first things first bumper!

taking off the intake

most important tool for the job

me hard at work

dont need that

headerless

drilling in the oil return line and j bizzle welding it

sexy closer shot

all done with return line

when life gives you lemons

jb weld is the best invention ever

preping for gauges

more prepage/ wiring

turbo manifold on

clock me!

oil sensor

random pic of my flak and kevlar

intercooler piping

wastegate

exhaust play

d/c rear o2 sensors

turbo mounted on manifold

what your about to see is not for the faint hearted

finished minus the intercooler mounting which i will update a pic with

gauge play

fini
just in case you remove em theyll still be here

·
Registered
910 Posts
The or a "shop" would of used a 3'' hole saw bit to make the hole. Faster and cleaner. You cut lots of corners and by doing so you have to now baby your IS300 and not even enjoy your turbo. Why go though all that time, beer, and labor to just "baby" the car around town? So when others see your FMIC, there saying race right? Then your responce would be "I don't race on the street."

You want 300hp on stock injectors, no EMS, and on stock exhaust? Not going to happen.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know this sarina as i have not even finished the tune plugs pump or injectors, one step at a time devil, i am not running a stock exhaust but thanks for assuming and whats the point of putting a turbo on and not using it? dang you got me there

·
Registered
910 Posts
You posted a video of starting it>WHY? Everyone knows it will start with the "untouched" stock ecu running the car. That turbo is so big that you would have to hit 4K rpm to see boost. You can put-put it everywhere then.

Hey, I'm Dave. Let me explain. 01= the year of the car. Sarina= GF. So I'm "01sarina"......picked that name cause everyone is nice to who they think is a girl. And you thought a girl was haten on you for your build.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sarina its understood that you do not approve of my methods or the fact im even running boost with it, you made that evident. i apologize if i was rude in any way but i do not wish to start a argument, thank you for your constructive criticsm.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
you my friend took 5 steps forward and 1,000,000 million steps back. The way you tried building your car is like telling a retard to graduate from Yale with honors. why not just be smart and leave the booz in the house and do the job right the FIRST time. I can already see the problems you are going to have and everyone on here is just going to say "told ya so". This is much like that thread in the Inside and Out forum about the guy wanting to put NAWS on his car to beat supra's. he had a new asshole in a few short minutes so you better be ready to get flamed!

Oh and by the way i love your turbo blanket....tin foil?

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
are you sure you want me to tell you whats wrong?
1. Well for one your turbo is to big
2. you dont use the right tools
3. you have no EMS
4. no fuel upgrades
5. wrong spark plugs
6. your oil lines leak cause you half assed it
7. you use JB weld to hold the BOV on
8. your intercooler is way to big for only 8psi
9. and as for the electrical side you cant just strip and twist wires together and wrap it in tape and think its all fine.
10. You have small aluminum shavings in your oil

Your car is put together soo poorly its not funny, and i think if you could use Duck Tape to install your turbo kit you would. I can bet this setup wont last very long as it looks like you just put random turbo parts on the car. Everyone who see's and reads this is just going to scratch their head and say "WTF were you thinking!"

1 - 20 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.