Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of this package Turbo Specialities

It claims to add 30% more HP, so my 180 rwhp 01 auto would produce 234 rwhp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I dont think that is a full kit. Good manifolds themselves vary from $500-$1000. Then the Turbo..about $800 or more. Piping about $300 or more. Other necessities at least $500. In other words, It's probably not a complete kit. If it is I don't think it would be real reliable or good b/c no one talks about it. Just my 2 cents. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
a T25?? :lol:

dude...what a waste of your time...those turbo's are like the fize of your cam gear...and it doesn't even say what car it's for. the IS300 is not an easy car to turbo and be reliable...it's been said before but seems like it needs to be said again,

DO NOT GO CHEAP BOOSTING THIS CAR!!

[edit] ok so i re-read the ad and it does say its for the IS300...but..shit. everyone should know a T25 is the wrong size turbo for a 3.0 liter inline 6.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is what Turbo Specialties said about their Turbo kit.

"The Superior package includes the turbo, manifold, fuel pressure regulator, downpipe, black box, and all the necessary lines and fittings. The Garrett t-25 that we use can handle up to 320 hp and around 15 pounds of boost. The manifold is cast iron and will very easily support that power.

Jason
Turbo Specialties"

That actually doesn't sound too bad. I would still rather go with SRT, Toyomoto, PFS or TBKO. For someone looking for mild performance at a cheap price.....try out Turbo Specialties and let us know how it holds up.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
i've never seen a T25 make even close to that much power

1 - 6 of 6 Posts