1 - 20 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doublins Interjecting said:
SPLIT FROM ANOTHER THREAD... CARRY ON
Of course you don't have to worry about this problem with a Supercharger :wink:

The comment right below this one by oneeyejack is out of context. He was not talking about my SC install, but LIL'IS300's turbo install. Just want to set this straight since this thread was cut from another...carry on :wink:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
oneeyejack said:
-SuperleX-iS- said:
you wouldn't have to worry if it was installed nicely in the first place. :wink:
has NOTHING to do with who installed it...cmon, thats a cheap shot, and since u have the same kit as him, why dont ya stand by your bretheren....:wink:

Fairuza11 had the same exact problem....funny too because he had it way back when his car was AT srt...and Wxman reported the same problem also...

so, doesnt matter who installed it, obviously its a common thing with the wires burning, if it has happnened to 3 turbo IS's, who's to say it wont happen again?...

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
oneeyejack said:
-SuperleX-iS- said:
you wouldn't have to worry if it was installed nicely in the first place. :wink:

Huh?! :-? The wires that were burnt were STOCK wires that were not relocated or touched during the installation. WXmans wires went and so did fairuza11's like Marc said. It has nothing to do with the install or the fact that it's a turbo.

If there's enough heat, stuff will get too hot. F/I is hotter than N/A, it's as simple as that. The only tuner who won't have this problem is PFS and the old SRT owners...only because they have heatshields.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
-SuperleX-iS- said:
:lol: :roll:

Ever heard of a turbo blanket? Keeps things as cool as a cucumber. You can touch it without burning your hand.

It's amazing to hear all of the supercharger guys on here talking smack... especially given that most of it is baloney from what I've seen.

Have fun with that parasitic loss. :lol:

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
quick said:
-SuperleX-iS- said:

Ever heard of a turbo blanket? Keeps things as cool as a cucumber. You can touch it without burning your hand.

It's amazing to hear all of the supercharger guys on here talking smack... especially given that most of it is baloney from what I've seen.

have fun with that spool time :roll:

you need some attention or what? :lol:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
dasgalloway said:
quick said:
-SuperleX-iS- said:

you need some attention or what? :lol:
What spool time? :wink:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
dasgalloway said:
You're comedy.

I start to spool at 2700 and have full boost at 4200 rpm. Redline's at 6800. I have no problem with spool. ...and if I choose to upgrade my turbo I can have full boost at 3200rpm and 600 hp. ...on stock fuel.

...and if I want to turn up the power from 345 hp to over 400hp... well I just turn a dial. :chill:

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
hey hey...

From what I hear from some SC'd people I know...I hit positive pressure before they do. Of course 2 of my turbo's are the size of kidney beans.

G

·
tsopranoMB said:
oneeyejack said:
-SuperleX-iS- said:
has NOTHING to do with who installed it...cmon, thats a cheap shot, and since u have the same kit as him, why dont ya stand by your bretheren....:wink:

Fairuza11 had the same exact problem....funny too because he had it way back when his car was AT srt...and Wxman reported the same problem also...

so, doesnt matter who installed it, obviously its a common thing with the wires burning, if it has happnened to 3 turbo IS's, who's to say it wont happen again?...
make that almost every 01 turbo IS300 whose installers didnt re-route the wires, badmanforever's was toast. the 01s dont have a lil tiny heat protecting thing that 02 and up do. so they burn out quick.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SophieSleeps said:
hey hey...

From what I hear from some SC'd people I know...I hit positive pressure before they do. Of course 2 of my turbo's are the size of kidney beans.
:lol: :lol:
You guys are hillarious. I lol'd!

Also lol'd with the 'Keeps things as cool as a cucumber' comment. Where the heck did you get that from? You must be from Alabama and also say other things like 'passing the chicken bone.' :lol:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
choi0706 said:
tsopranoMB said:
oneeyejack said:
-SuperleX-iS- said:

make that almost every 01 turbo IS300 whose installers didnt re-route the wires, badmanforever's was toast. the 01s dont have a lil tiny heat protecting thing that 02 and up do. so they burn out quick.
Well I have a 2003...and I did have that heat protection. Obviously, it wasn't enough.

Wxman - Sorry for the confusion :-?

G

·
lil' IS 300 said:
choi0706 said:
tsopranoMB said:
oneeyejack said:
-SuperleX-iS- said:

Well I have a 2003...and I did have that heat protection. Obviously, it wasn't enough.

Wxman - Sorry for the confusion :-?

yea, well its something every turbo Is should look into doing. Or protect them b/c they are only like 4 inches away from the WG

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
quick said:
You know whats funny? S/C IS300's are making the same or MORE power than the turbocharged IS300's at 7-8 PSI.

Supercharged E-shifts are making at or above 300 RWHP at 7 PSI with a header. That is 375 at the crank. Which should be right around 315-320 RWHP on a 5 speed manual. 7 PSI turbo kits are making pretty much the same numbers. So where is the loss? :wink:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Norcal IS300 said:
quick said:
You know whats funny? S/C IS300's are making the same or MORE power than the turbocharged IS300's at 7-8 PSI.

Supercharged E-shifts are making at or above 300 RWHP at 7 PSI with a header. That is 375 at the crank. Which should be right around 315-320 RWHP on a 5 speed manual. 7 PSI turbo kits are making pretty much the same numbers. So where is the loss? :wink:
Well the loss is the fact that you guys can't turn boost up or down without changing pullies. So I guess you can say that turbos can run lower boost and therefore less wear and tear on the engine as opposed to a supercharger which will have constant power that cannot be changed immediatly.

Also, it's a fact that if you want to make big power than turbo is the way to go for the IS300.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Norcal IS300 said:

Maybe I am missing something here. I haven't seen any supercharged eshift's making 300 rwhp at 7 psi. I thought the S/C's were making MUCH less power.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
WXman - You misquoted me in that...I wasn't the one who said that. Just wanted to point that out to you so you can requote it properly :wink:

BTW, should I edit the title of this to Superchargers vs. Turbochargers (ownz) Part III? :crazy:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
WXman - You misquoted me in that...I wasn't the one who said that. Just wanted to point that out to you so you can requote it properly :wink:

BTW, should I edit the title of this to Superchargers vs. Turbochargers (ownz) Part III? :crazy:
Fixed. lol

1 - 20 of 424 Posts