Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install a turbo timer themself? How difficult was it and are there any diagrams that show what wires to use?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
I don't think anyone has come up with a way to use it with the factory alarm system yet.

The timer will still work, but the alarm won't be activated. You'll have to lock your doors manually.

Compustar offers their alarm system with a built in turbo timer though.
Its got vibration sensors and it pages your keychain if one of them is set off. Also a deduction on your insurance for that type of alarm.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SophieSleeps said:
I don't think anyone has come up with a way to use it with the factory alarm system yet.

The timer will still work, but the alarm won't be activated. You'll have to lock your doors manually.

Compustar offers their alarm system with a built in turbo timer though.
Its got vibration sensors and it pages your keychain if one of them is set off. Also a deduction on your insurance for that type of alarm.
How much is a compustar alarm system anyway?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Wxman said:
How much is a compustar alarm system anyway?
One million dollars

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
ISman has a TT

If i also remember correctly i have the optional ignition harness for the IS300/ Altezza that Blitz sells.

but I believe it to be VERY easy to do as you kinda just running a relay type capacitor thingy inline on the ignition wire so that when you turn off the ignition it retains power for a set amount of time. then kills the circuit.

I dunno how the locking mechanisms fit into that puzzle but my IS300 autolocks after 30secs of the doors being locked and the key removed from the ignition anyways.

good luck... I'l be figuring that out in a few weeks anyways.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
ISman has a TT

If i also remember correctly i have the optional ignition harness for the IS300/ Altezza that Blitz sells.

but I believe it to be VERY easy to do as you kinda just running a relay type capacitor thingy inline on the ignition wire so that when you turn off the ignition it retains power for a set amount of time. then kills the circuit.

I dunno how the locking mechanisms fit into that puzzle but my IS300 autolocks after 30secs of the doors being locked and the key removed from the ignition anyways.

good luck... I'l be figuring that out in a few weeks anyways.
Big daddy, that helps. I wonder if isman could shed some light on this.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
you gotta leave a key near the ignition if you want the car to run. Remember the chip in the key?

The problem is...when the car is running, you can't set the alarm. You can lock the doors, but not "set" the alarm system.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SophieSleeps said:
you gotta leave a key near the ignition if you want the car to run. Remember the chip in the key?

The problem is...when the car is running, you can't set the alarm. You can lock the doors, but not "set" the alarm system.
What do you think about getting one of the Compustar alarms off Ebay? Bad idea or?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Wxman said:
SophieSleeps said:

What do you think about getting one of the Compustar alarms off Ebay? Bad idea or?
I was lookin into that before. Why not. As long as it's new.

But supposedly it's pretty difficult to install. I call BS on that. As long as you can strip your car down by yourself it shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
I did an install on a Supra once, and although its apples to oranges, a TT is very esay to install. The tech issues forementioned not included of course.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wxman, get the compustar from Lisnup. he has an awesome price and will help your installer install it. the alarm is awesome.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Neo302 said:
Wxman, get the compustar from Lisnup. he has an awesome price and will help your installer install it. the alarm is awesome.
If you could pm me with the kind of prices he is talking about. TIA

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
will the compustar override the key in the ignition? Because if you need the key in the ignition to keep the car on because of the chip, how can any TT work?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Shiznit said:
will the compustar override the key in the ignition? Because if you need the key in the ignition to keep the car on because of the chip, how can any TT work?
you put a spare key near the ignition.

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
Shiznit said:
you put a spare key near the ignition.
yeah, just have it wired in under the dash.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Hey guys, as far as my car. My Blitz TT will keep the car running (as programed time) even with the ignition key turned off and out and taken with me. I just lock the door from the power lock button from inside the door and leave. The only thing is that your car is running while I'm away (for whatever time you've set). Don't think even someone gets into the car and drive away during this time, the car will shut off once the Timer reaches it's set time. So, all in all, I can deal with this. The compustar alarm sounds pimp, but I don't go anywhere with the car, if I can't see (visual) the car parked while I'm away. The can steal the wheels, spoiler, fogs, body kit, anything exterior anyway. So when I go out, I don't take the Lexus to a movie unless I park it in a paid lot and tip the guy to keep an eye on it (pain in da ausss and $$$$).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.