Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, what is the max HP I can get for an auto IS, without changing it's tranny, while keeping it sounding the same? Meaning, I don't want to hear that high rev winning sound from my motor. I basically want to keep it sounding just like it sounds stock... if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i would post in this in the Go Fast Forum...but im thinking with some slight tranny modifcation like a tranny cooler and other stuff the IS auto tranny is good for 450 to 500 Rwhp but dont quote me on it...its what ive heard..anyways goodluck

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
Peter_Klim said:
OK, what is the max HP I can get for an auto IS, without changing it's tranny, while keeping it sounding the same? Meaning, I don't want to hear that high rev winning sound from my motor. I basically want to keep it sounding just like it sounds stock... if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.
the kit i have is putting 408 rwhp on my auto, but there is an upgrade to the tranny that comes with the turbo kit i bought. contact pfsupercars for more info on this.

with a turbo, there is some spool up sounds that are audible, this is usually masked by the tires breaking traction @ every upshift :p .

there are options of blow off valve sounds, mine currently is alittle 'thup thup thup'-y

ML

1 - 3 of 3 Posts