Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2002 is300
63 Posts
Is there a specific reason you recommend this return line instead of a generic line kit?

And for anyone curious, here's what the 4WD sump looks like,

View attachment 139826
View attachment 139825
View attachment 139824
View attachment 139823
Yeah, your return line will have to snake through your manifold to get to your return fitting, which is right below your manifold, so that line will get very hot. That return line should bolt up to your turn and be long enough to get past your manifold where you can go to rubber line. Also, it's flexible so you can just bend to shape and it'll last forever and won't catch on fire. You don't have to get that exact one just that part it's just what came up when I searched. Also @Hodgdon Extreme that's weird yeah no wonder you were sarcastic.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yeah, your return line will have to snake through your manifold to get to your return fitting, which is right below your manifold, so that line will get very hot. That return line should bolt up to your turn and be long enough to get past your manifold where you can go to rubber line. Also, it's flexible so you can just bend to shape and it'll last forever and won't catch on fire. You don't have to get that exact one just that part it's just what came up when I searched. Also @Hodgdon Extreme that's weird yeah no wonder you were sarcastic.
It depends on how your turbo return is setup.....mine is setup up with a 90 degree elbow facing away from the manifold so there is no snaking through the manifold and it doesn't get super hot because of it. There are shops that will build return line based on the length you want and fittings you want on it. The way you are describing is super sketchy because with a hose that move, you have a tendency of having the line touch the manifold when it super hot. You will always run the risk of the inner rubber hose melting when it gets to extreme temps when running turbos.

·
Registered
2002 is300
63 Posts
It depends on how your turbo return is setup.....mine is setup up with a 90 degree elbow facing away from the manifold so there is no snaking through the manifold and it doesn't get super hot because of it. There are shops that will build return line based on the length you want and fittings you want on it. The way you are describing is super sketchy because with a hose that move, you have a tendency of having the line touch the manifold when it super hot. You will always run the risk of the inner rubber hose melting when it gets to extreme temps when running turbos.
I don't think theirs a rubber hose inside it I think it's just the metal hose.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't think theirs a rubber hose inside it I think it's just the metal hose.
If it's flexible, likely there is rubber hose inside with a metal (Stainless steel weave) outter to protect it from touch something hot and melting to hose. Most flexible hoses are made this way so you can maneuver it around things. If it's a metal pipe like a stock GTE has, there is no flexibility there.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Strike that, you are talking about the cummin's return line...yea that is all metal...I still wouldn't run that between the manifold.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts