Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey whats up guys.. quick question.. what do you think would be best.. i dont have 4 or 5g's to spend on a turbo kit. would it be cheaper if i just bought parts for my car little by little.. like start off with manifold than turbo and small things at a time? or should i just save and wait for the long run? anyone has experiences with this? if so how did it turn out. did you save money.. was it a better set up at the end?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
It sounds like you cannot afford boost on an IS. Accept that. At the end...you will be wise to have moved on to other IS tweakings.

EDIT: Based on you wanting to buy the manifold 1st, you need to read up on how the components of a turbo system interface and function.

EDIT 2: I'd start with wider tires. You will need it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You haven't really explored all the ins and outs of boosting the IS350?

There are a lot of things that need to be addressed but hey good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've built a good deal of hot rod cars...usually 60's muscle cars...
I havn't been into the IS for long, but to me it's another internal combustion engine...
One thing that has saved me allot of time & cash is building from the ground up...Try and find a motor while your car is still running.
Build the engine on the stand over the next few years...you'll still have your car to drive each day.
If turbo is what you want, build the bottom end when you have money or parts become more avalible...
When the engine is complete, drop it in and sell your stock motor.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Only problem you will encounter is tuning. There is no stand alone ECU available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts