Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an Import shop today and inquires about a turbo and this is what they told me. I wanted to buy headers for my car and they told me that if I was interested in Turbo later on that getting headers was useless. Can someone confirm this? I have Greddy CatBack System and Injen Intake System so far. They told me not to waste money on headers if I plan on getting a turbo system later. Secondly, can someone direct me a Turbo system as far as what kind and what brand and how much am I looking at? Thanks all for any help.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I love threads like these. The sticky at the top of this forum might help you out a little bit. Sure you want to jump into the turbo arena???...seems like you need to read up a little bit to know what you're getting into.

Yes, the shop you went to is correct in saying that you don't need a header if you are going turbo. Your exhaust might be able to stay, depending on what your turbo kit is like. Most likely though, you'll want to get a full 3" exhaust for the best results. Say goodbye to your CAI too.

Starter turbo setups start at $6k, and top of the line turbo setups with tranny swaps can get you all the way up to excess of $25k-30k!!! Check out either PFS, PHR, or Toyomoto.

·
Registered
380 Posts
that vegas meet sounds like fun. is this going to be the first year of doing it? i think im gonna hit that up. drinking and strippers make for a good combo. :p oh yeah, the cars will be good also. hehehe

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
We actually tried to do it last year, only 4 IS's ended up showing. Jedi and Webmaster were there also to give out prizes...since there were so few of us we all got some sort of prize. :lol: This year Kanine and myself will be there to boost up and down the strip. :) You should come and enjoy Vegas for all the SIN that it is. :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
i will join in. sounds like fun. is it strickly IS or can my friend come along with his TT supra? either way, im there! WOOOHOOOOO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts