Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the same turbo with an .89 A/R. Im going to use it on my 2JZGTE VVTI motor that is not yet installed. So I can't really give you real life experience feedback. I went with this turbo because it offers the spool up of a 35R with the power of a 40R. Not to sure how quick yours will spool up becasue you went with the largest A/R option but you should have a nicer top end.

·
Registered
465 Posts
the 1.11 a/r really wasnt my choice, the previous owner decided to go with a bigger turbo and he never installed the turbo and for the price i had to jump on it...
It might not have been your choice but now your going to have a car where its power band/sweet spot will be higher in the rev range. Hopefully you got it for a real sweet deal, because I would have probably gone maximum .99 A/R. Then again it all depends what you are using your car for. If you plan in being a highway monster or like pulls from higher rev points then your golden. With some 272's cams I think it would be a pretty nice combo.
I personally went with the .89 A/R because I want it to have good drivability/quick spool up for day to day driving.
I'll see if I can post a pic a little later of the turbo on the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.