Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about turbocharging my 2002 is300. It currently has 31k miles.
I’m looking at the cxracing kit (https://www.cxracing.com/products-by-car-toyota-scion-lexus-lexus-is300/products-by-car-toyota-scion-lexus-lexus-is300-2jz-ge-na-t/TRB-KIT-2JZGE-IS300-IC?sort=p.price&order=DESC)
My question is what is the process in putting a turbo in? Like tuning wise I have no idea what to do all I know is that I’m going to need a tune after I install a turbo and a cold air intake.
I’ve heard these lexus’ are really hard to tune and I asked a friend who also plans on using the cxracing turbo kit. He said to buy this ecu and go over to a tuner. But i’m a little suspicious at how cheap this ecu is. (IS300 ECU kit)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yeah... if you read the web page that link is just a cable to connect to a Link stand alone ECU. Search for the price of an actual Link ECU and you might be a little less suspicious ;)

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
525 Posts
Is your car an auto or a manual? You can use a link ECU with the xcessive cable to make it plug and play. Not that cable but they do make one. Or the boomslang harness.

if it is auto, you will need to keep the factory ECU and use a stand alone to run the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My is300 is an auto. Let’s say I do buy the cxracing turbo kit, what else would I need along with the ECU. Do you have any recommendations? I’m just trying to learn and do my research.

·
3,081 Posts
Do not ask. Read a lot. There are tons of builds on the forum. Only you can determine what you need and budget.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
525 Posts
My is300 is an auto. Let’s say I do buy the cxracing turbo kit, what else would I need along with the ECU. Do you have any recommendations? I’m just trying to learn and do my research.
You can certainly find a bunch of information on the topic as it has been done many times. Please just search a little bit and if you still need more specific information please post again. No hard feelings. This is just a topic that keeps on being asked and covered.

Reactions: TobiasSing

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You can certainly find a bunch of information on the topic as it has been done many times. Please just search a little bit and if you still need more specific information please post again. No hard feelings. This is just a topic that keeps on being asked and covered.
Agreed. I've been here a bit longer and it got old about a year or two into my stay. Like I always say....the newest one is 14 years old, everything that can be done to these cars has already been done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts